Fuck you essendon fc board

"We will assuage the Witch hunters by giving them what they want (Hird's head) and we will have clear air".

Doesn’t work that way - just encourages them to keep going.

She sees herself as succeeding in destroying Hird and will now proceed to try and destroy Little.

When will it sink in that caving in to the McCarthyites does not work?

If this whole mess has shown one thing - it is that trying to massage an outcome rather then defending yourself is a recipe for disaster and to keep doing it over and over again not learning the lessons of capitulation is utter madness.

She won. Live with it.

I am not the one making the moronic decisions in the vain desperate hope to try and keep her and her coven at bay

Nice to see Little’s and her relationship is stronger than ever!! I knee that interview/catch-up last year would work!!!

Can people please stop posting her articles. I don't want to see them. At least put them in spoiler tags.

Don’t read it. It’s not hard.

I had no idea who that article was by and was amazed at how it just read like a “This is alllll the things I hate about Essendon” journal entry. Don’t know why I was surprised.

Few things I am curious about:

• Wasn’t Bomba given caretaker coach almost immediately? I wasn’t aware we had any sort of panel or committee to decide letalone almost select Tudor.
  • What was with the thing about announcing Bomber with only one person? It wasn’t a solo conference was it? Weren’t they both “unveiled” together?
  • Is that true about a board member falling asleep in Choca’s interview? I have never ever heard that before.
  • Anyone ever heard that Gunston was offered the role? I thought he was always temporary. Didn’t he say that a jillion times in interviews?

I’m also pretty sceptical about the whole handshake with Crows and Carlton. Why would we agree to that? Especially if we knew we really wanted Woosha?

I think Noonan’s was a good post. I don’t mind Little. The 2 (one successful) attempts to get Hird I do not agree with but I can see reasons for both (despite the incredibly messy ways he went about it which were poor).

I had no idea who that article was by and was amazed at how it just read like a "This is alllll the things I hate about Essendon" journal entry. Don't know why I was surprised.

• Wasn’t Bomba given caretaker coach almost immediately? I wasn’t aware we had any sort of panel or committee to decide letalone almost select Tudor.
  • What was with the thing about announcing Bomber with only one person? It wasn’t a solo conference was it? Weren’t they both “unveiled” together?
  • Is that true about a board member falling asleep in Choca’s interview? I have never ever heard that before.

On Bomba:
We didn’t take him immediately. As per normal he didn’t want any job so we started looking elsewhere all while trying to convince him to come back and coach. We couldn’t really delay the committee process as Bomba signed on in mid October.
On Bomber announcement:
I thought we got Hird, then a few days later Bomber resigned and then the next week ended up with us. I don’t recall both Hird and Bomber being announced at he same time.
On Choco interview:
I don’t recall it being reported previously. I do remember reading that Choco wasn’t impressed with the way the interviews were being held but no real specifics. At the time, I thought it was more related to the feeling that Bomber Thompson had first choice as interim coach and everyone else was second best and only getting the job should Bomber not want it.
Can people please stop posting her articles. I don't want to see them. At least put them in spoiler tags.

You wouldn’t if the air weren’t so clear.

Beautiful clean air. You can smell it.

its pretty hard not to if there is no warning, and you are just scrolling through posts. If you want to post her stuff and get all angered and flustered about it that’s fine. Putting it in spoiler tags isn’t too hard.

Only way we’d get fresher air than what we have now is to move the TVSC to Rotorua.

its pretty hard not to if there is no warning, and you are just scrolling through posts. If you want to post her stuff and get all angered and flustered about it that’s fine. Putting it in spoiler tags isn’t too hard.

Don’t read posts from the newspapers. Read the papers instead.
I am not angry and flustered about it. I don’t think I should have to be responsible for your choice of reading material. I am not a censor.
I think people need and are entitled to see a fair representation of what is in the media, so the discussion can be informed.

Don’t read posts from the newspapers. Read the papers instead.
I am not angry and flustered about it. I don’t think I should have to be responsible for your choice of reading material. I am not a censor.
I think people need and are entitled to see a fair representation of what is in the media, so the discussion can be informed.

If you want to post them fine, go ahead. Just put a warning above the post saying it’s a Caro article. So those of us who refuse to read her bile and give her any oxygen don’t have to.

Just common courtesy.

I think it’s friggin hilarious, personally.

We will never get the truth..and I suspect it differs with the teller

Accept it now and move on.

But we know the truth FFS. The president sold his club, his friend and coach down the river for his mate Vlad. He then allowed all and sundry to come into the club unchallenged. He commissioned the Ziggy Report and then made it public etc. etc. During this time he was supported by the Board and the Board puppet, Robson. Evans makes bad decision after bad decision then opts out. Little takes over, threatens to do something, fails to deliver, then cowers under the strong arm of the AFL. Now I’m getting mad - again.

We do know the truth, what we may lack is some of the detail. The Board completely lack a sense of what they are on the Board to do; to look after our club, the players, staff and supporters. The AFL and their media mates should never even be a consideration in any decisions made by the Board, especially where it causes damage to the Essendon brand. We need to be strong and feared again, not seen as a pushover which appears to be the case right now.

I love my Bomber team, the players, coaches and all the staff that work with the players. I want them to succeed. But the current Board and their mates are a big hurdle that must be dismantled. A positive CAS decision, a new Board and new coaching panel will be a good start to 2016.

But I for one will never forgive or forget what has happened and if that’s what you call “moving on” then it probably won’t happen in my lifetime. That doesn’t mean that I won’t support my beloved players to another flag.

When we are cleared by CAS then what will this entire saga have been about?

we may not like or agree with everything let alone anything they do, but i’m pretty sure they know the bolded bit.

Considering there is no one unilateral viewpoint that sums up 100% of the supporter base, you will always have people thinking the board isn’t doing a good job, and you will always have people thinking they will.

I’m sure David Evans had the best intentions for the club first and foremost. However ultimately as history will tell us he has ultimately probably been the biggest culprit in bringing this club to it’s knees.
He should cop that tag, but not that he had no intention of ever trying to do what was best for the club.

what we ultimately need from the board is similar to that of a coaching panel.
they should all have to be elected based on their performance and key goals they have or haven’t met.

If and i mean it’s a big if this club came out within 3 years and won a flag you’d have to say the board did the right thing in removing hird. I know the usual sycophants will claim oh but hird could have done it too blah blah.

just like if it fails they will be considered as failing also, only time will tell which path we end up on, but i doubt very much anyone who’s been on the board across any generation doesn’t have a clue why they are there.

like it or not they’ve deemed the CLUB need to go in a certain direction for the betterment of it. only time will tell if it’s a good or bad decision.

You say you are “pretty sure” the Board know what they are there to do which suggests to me you are not convinced that is the case and maybe they don’t know what they are there to do. I do respect your opinion though.

The EVIDENCE that the Board has not performed well over the past three years is overwhelming. We may never know what Davis Evans motivation was in trusting Demetriou and Gil and dumping Hird. Maybe one day he might come forward and confess his sins but I won’t be holding my breath.

For those who believe that sacking Hird enabled the Club and players to “have some clean air” and move on I ask the question why should the current Board stay on when all were there during the saga and are ultimately responsible, through their appointed CEO, for the governance issues.

As Tim Watson once famously said “A fish always rots from the head”

im no fisherman but im pretty sure the fish rots from the middle. the head gets too much clean air.

I had no idea who that article was by and was amazed at how it just read like a "This is alllll the things I hate about Essendon" journal entry. Don't know why I was surprised.

On Bomba:
We didn’t take him immediately. As per normal he didn’t want any job so we started looking elsewhere all while trying to convince him to come back and coach. We couldn’t really delay the committee process as Bomba signed on in mid October.
On Bomber announcement:
I thought we got Hird, then a few days later Bomber resigned and then the next week ended up with us. I don’t recall both Hird and Bomber being announced at he same time.
On Choco interview:
I don’t recall it being reported previously. I do remember reading that Choco wasn’t impressed with the way the interviews were being held but no real specifics. At the time, I thought it was more related to the feeling that Bomber Thompson had first choice as interim coach and everyone else was second best and only getting the job should Bomber not want it.

Bomber, like always, had ■■■■■■ off overseas and wasn’t able to be contacted. So we had to start/keep interviewing others.
He rocked up at a training session about a month into pre season.

Only way we’d get fresher air than what we have now is to move the TVSC to Rotorua.

■■■■■■ hated that place.

Unbelievable that things and so on.

We will never get the truth..and I suspect it differs with the teller

Accept it now and move on.

But we know the truth FFS. The president sold his club, his friend and coach down the river for his mate Vlad. He then allowed all and sundry to come into the club unchallenged. He commissioned the Ziggy Report and then made it public etc. etc. During this time he was supported by the Board and the Board puppet, Robson. Evans makes bad decision after bad decision then opts out. Little takes over, threatens to do something, fails to deliver, then cowers under the strong arm of the AFL. Now I’m getting mad - again.

We do know the truth, what we may lack is some of the detail. The Board completely lack a sense of what they are on the Board to do; to look after our club, the players, staff and supporters. The AFL and their media mates should never even be a consideration in any decisions made by the Board, especially where it causes damage to the Essendon brand. We need to be strong and feared again, not seen as a pushover which appears to be the case right now.

I love my Bomber team, the players, coaches and all the staff that work with the players. I want them to succeed. But the current Board and their mates are a big hurdle that must be dismantled. A positive CAS decision, a new Board and new coaching panel will be a good start to 2016.

But I for one will never forgive or forget what has happened and if that’s what you call “moving on” then it probably won’t happen in my lifetime. That doesn’t mean that I won’t support my beloved players to another flag.

When we are cleared by CAS then what will this entire saga have been about?

The AFL getting rid of Hird and pulling the EFC into line.
Heres some clear air for us

Essendon chairman Paul Little’s failures are no small matter

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7x4NoN
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Five years ago, just hours before James Hird announced himself the new coach of Essendon, the Bombers were still working to complete the farcical series of interviews it had already set up with rival candidates.
Among the unfortunate bunnies was Port Adelaide premiership coach Mark Williams. Although the Bombers had already come to terms with Hird, Williams presented to the club’s hierarchy with one executive reportedly nodding off during the interview.
Some two months later and following more subterfuge, the club, in a horrendous piece of stage mismanagement, put up their then football boss to announce Mark Thompson was joining the club as Hird’s senior assistant.
No one else involved would front the media because of all the mistruths that had been told surrounding the appointment that had been set up months earlier.
Then, in the strife-torn weeks and months in late 2013 that followed Hird’s one-year ban, chairman Paul Little put another panel in place to select a caretaker coach. That panel at one stage included former coaches’ association boss Danny Frawley and long-time former coach Terry Wallace.
By all reports the process began and North Melbourne assistant Leigh Tudor came tantalisingly close to being appointed until Little and his team changed their minds and put Thompson into the role, a move that saw interim CEO Ray Gunston quit the club despite being offered the chief executive’s role on a permanent basis.
Then came the catastrophic events that sandwiched last year’s best and fairest function, when Little attempted to remove Hird and sound out Thompson again.
And then comes the revelation this week that Little, his lieutenant Xavier Campbell, along with Jobe Watson and Dyson Heppell, flew in Little’s jet to Adelaide to sound out John Worsfold.
The move broke a handshake agreement between all the coach-less clubs — Essendon, Adelaide and, until recently, Carlton — in that Essendon failed to notify the Crows, a club attempting to win a sudden-death final on Saturday, a club that lost its senior coach in July in the most tragic of circumstances.
Little has shown time and time again that he has no clue how to behave in difficult football situations. Both Adelaide and the AFL were reportedly disgusted by Essendon’s arrogant subterfuge. Little’s behavioural failures have emerged as an Essendon characteristic all too prevalent in recent years – even if you take away the dangerous and potentially illegal drugs program overseen by Hird and others while the board and executive allegedly remained clueless.
Consider the practice match at Wangaratta in 2012 that the club failed to contest, the dreadful decision to use then Collingwood recruiter Noel Judkins at the end of 2013 in a bid to gain player information through unconventional means, the fine for its mishandling of potential draftees and Essendon’s ongoing unpopularity during trade weeks going back for a decade. No club has been more reviled than the Bombers at the trade table.
Should Worsfold remain in contention for the Essendon job — and hopefully he is considering a return to coaching for the right reasons and not simply financial security — why on earth would anyone else apply given the events of this week?
When the coaching panel was announced last week with much fanfare, the club almost immediately moved into damage control when questions were raised about Kevin Sheedy’s absence from that committee. On the back foot, the club announced its four-time premiership coach turned mascot would be a “consultant”.
Clearly the process has been exposed as a sham, compromised by Little’s midweek visit. Having subtly apologised over the so-called Sheedy gaffe last week a shamefaced Xavier Campbell reportedly told Crows chief Andrew Fagan early on Wednesday that he would have liked to have had his time over again regarding the club’s decision to break protocol and approach Worsfold via the back door.
That expressed desire is one that could be applied to the countless botched decisions and misjudged moves executed by Essendon over the past five years.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-paul-littles-failures-are-no-small-matter-20150909-gjizsm.html#ixzz3lI7OV3xs
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Love its now become a “potentially illegal drugs program”. Also amused that the AFL are disgusted by the subterfuge. We did learn from the best!

Yes the AFL are one of the best role models in term of “alleged” dodgy dealings. Do you we an elephant stamp?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 EFC AGM Yep, it is that time again