Fundraising for the Alfred

Hi All

I’m fundraising for the Alfred aiming to raise $10k by the time me and my team enter into Tough Mudder in October.

Those of you from Melbourne will know of the great work the Alfred does so I’ll spare you the sales pitch. Anyone who wants to contribute can go to http://personalchallenge.gofundraise.com.au/page/HessP.

Cheers,

Good on you. Is the TM over on the Island again? Was a bit of good fun last year.*

*Watching all you idiots and enjoying several refreshing beverages of course. :wink:

when this thread was first posted, I was actually sitting in ICU at the Alfred.

Out of the blue, my dad had a heart attack, and four days later had double bypass surgery. I cannot speak highly enough about the care Dad received, and the support they gave us… my Dad is not just my father, he’s also one of my best friends, and understandably I was quietly freaking out. They didn’t mind how many questions I asked (some of them twice because I wasn’t quite thinking straight!) and even gave me an after hours contact number in case I was stressing and suddenly needed to ring and check how Dad was at 2am.

Dad has made a terrific recovery, and was well enough to join us at the 84/85 reunion on Friday night. He’s now going to give his heart a good work out at Anzac Day :stuck_out_tongue:

hess_star, will definitely be making a donation to you and your team. If any other Blitzers can spare some dollars, please do!! :slight_smile:

Quoted Post

when this thread was first posted, I was actually sitting in ICU at the Alfred.

Out of the blue, my dad had a heart attack, and four days later had double bypass surgery. I cannot speak highly enough about the care Dad received, and the support they gave us… my Dad is not just my father, he’s also one of my best friends, and understandably I was quietly freaking out. They didn’t mind how many questions I asked (some of them twice because I wasn’t quite thinking straight!) and even gave me an after hours contact number in case I was stressing and suddenly needed to ring and check how Dad was at 2am.

Dad has made a terrific recovery, and was well enough to join us at the 84/85 reunion on Friday night. He’s now going to give his heart a good work out at Anzac Day :stuck_out_tongue:

hess_star, will definitely be making a donation to you and your team. If any other Blitzers can spare some dollars, please do!! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that all is ok koala