Game Day - round 5, 2022 v boat anchors

Surely we get over the 30K, had we lost last week, id agree.

When you looked at Adelaideā€™s win against Richmond, despite the Tigers absolutely cracking in, I think our win last week is being underated.

Even though we got opened up by Adelaideā€™s small forwards, our clearance work and hardness at the contest kept us in control for most of the game.

You will expect the same in this game but we will need to work harder for the goals. Our kick inside 50 is crucial this week. Canā€™t afford to bomb it all the time.

1 Like

They have the aircon pumping at the bar here. Iā€™m frozen.

1 Like

Hold me

20min to go till the bounce and Iā€™d be surprised if there was 10k here

1 Like

Wasnā€™t playing FC our regular Easter fixture?

Iā€™d be there but Iā€™ve got Covid. Butā€¦if thatā€™s the crowd I could isolate easily

2 Likes

1 Like

That makes me sad

Theyā€™re all freezing in the bar.

Dons by 74.

2 Likes

There is no one here.

We are a shrinking as a club

2 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  song

1 Like

Easter Sunday doesnā€™t help. People sitting near me last week said they were away for Easter. Roads are deserted.

They need to turn the air conditioning on in here

Thatā€™s just cringe lols

giphy (5)

Hobbs and his tree trunks :flushed:

1 Like

I think the crowd will grow and I still think we are a strong club but we are getting close to that breaking point. 20+ years without even a final winā€¦ it is a broken record I knowā€¦ but we arenā€™t just talking a premiership droughtā€¦ we are talking a sheer lack of competitiveness for 20 yearsā€¦ plus a saga in the middle. The fact our club still exists is to acknowledge how strong it was to start withā€¦

Having said thatā€¦ my faith in this club hit rock bottom at the start of last yearā€¦ and then we had (what I thought) a ripper season to give me hope we had finally got betterā€¦ and the start of this season has just be dismal. Made all the harder as I watch teams like Saints, Carlton, Freo continue to grow and get stronger. The competition has stepped forward and we have again seemingly been left behind.

I hold very little hope of a win today and probably only a slim chance we will even be competitive. I will still watch but I could see how many wouldnā€™t. My eldest daughter is now nearly through her tertiary studies and she has never, not once, witnessed this club winning a final. An entire LIFETIME without any success. It is sobering.

Teams have risen and fallen two or three times overā€¦ whilst we just sit languishing. Seriously depressing stuff when viewed objectively.

But today Iā€™d love to see Hobbs rip it up and see if we can put together a quarter or two.

4 Likes

Donā€™t know what to expect hope we come out fired up