Game Day Thread - round 1 vs Sydney

Bookmakers have Sydney 87 vs Essendon 65.

How is anyone else feeling on the result?

Exciting, the first asada free game!
Can’t wait for this one, bring it on…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Already on the cans, fkn nervous
What is it, 8 over there?

7.20. Its a tradition we have…few cans the morning of first game of the year haha

Same margin as last years second game

Quoted Post

Same margin as last years second game
Hope you are wrong. Especially seeing its in scrappy conditions.

They’ve cancelled the races in Sydney today.

Weather must be shithouse

Was raining most of the night and i think rugby was there last night so the ground will be ruined. Watching the 2011 game on fox before heading there. I forget how many free kicks sydney and goodes actually gets.
Essendon at $3.50 worth a pu t. Fk goodes and go bombers today we put 2 years behind us and come out swinging.

Slightly disappointed that Carlise is listed to play down back and Hurley up forward but i guess we have to trust the coaching staff

Quoted Post

They've cancelled the races in Sydney today.

Weather must be shithouse

The track is shithouse

Rain might help us to an extent, will slow them down but at the same time they play in the wet more than we do. Joey will struggle. Would love to have Buddha out there as well. Here’s hoping for a good result.

Not sure if the conditions will exacerbate our lack of match fitness or even things out. The ground was heavy last night for the rabbitohs game, and its rained pretty much non stop since. The players will be stuffed by half time. Its not cold, just soaking wet. 8 goals probably wins the match.

I think the wet conditions helps contain buddy and tippet for sure. Buddy is an average overhead mark and with the wet might be very average. Heres hoping.

I’m gunna call it now. Melksham Top 5 B & F just as he plays better under Hird.

Quoted Post

Not sure if the conditions will exacerbate our lack of match fitness or even things out. The ground was heavy last night for the rabbitohs game, and its rained pretty much non stop since. The players will be stuffed by half time. Its not cold, just soaking wet. 8 goals probably wins the match.

I think the conditions could help us in terms of lack of match practice. Just get it and pump it long.

Chappy loves wet weather games. He needs to have a massive one.

Footy day in Sydney town, yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Go Bombers. I can’t friggin wait.

just want to see the vision of Jobe leading the boys out.

On the bright side, Buddy is unlikely to kick 8 on a swamp

Just about to get out and walk around Tokyo before heading down to Hobgoblins in Roppongi (Thanks, MrJez!!) and watch the game. This is the home of the Tokyo Goannas Aussie Rules team, so I expect a good crowd with some decent barracking. Unfortunately they do wear the same kit as the swans, minus the opera house, but I will take that as an omen that we are going to win!

Go Bombers!

Umpires are going to ■■■■■■■ destroy us

Woke up like

FAAAARRRRKKKKKKKKKK

FOOTY