Game Day Thread - Round 3 vs Melbourne

Wombat = Underground Koala?? :laughing:

3 Likes

Looks like the learnings are sinking in!

1 Like

Another belting coming up tonight and the pressure valve increases on this Club. Will be a massive week on Blitz!

No.

I’ve seen nothing from the first two rounds that suggests we will qualify.

I reckon we’ll win TBH.

5 Likes

TBH…

…To BullSh*t Hard?

2 Likes

ahh - it was a koala wasn’t it. Not sure what that says about me then…

1 Like

west coast game from last year mk ii coming right up.

1 Like

Bombers to dominate first 10 minutes, but miss several shots at goal. Cue shoulders beginning to sag.
Melbourne to kick red-time goals to take lead by QT.
Essendon to win F50 entries stat but only manage 9 goals.
Melbourne by…lots. Let’s call it 55 points, shall we?

Edit: actually no, have had a re-think. Melbourne to be up by as much 10 goals, before late goals bring the margin back to a “respectable” 5 goals. Cue presser talk of being pleased that we kept persevering.

1 Like

Nah.
I think it’ll be like that rd 1 Adelaid game.
Bits of passable, bits of poo, bits of good.

Melbourne were totally craptacular.

Melbourne by 20.

Goals.

anyone?

Just watched last week’s final quarter in preparation for tonight. They’d better bring some intensity from the start & Heppell better ■■■■■■ well not start on the bench! Mentally prepared for a loss but hoping for a win.

2 Likes

This has a Round 2 2013 feel about it with Essington playing the role of Melbourne and Melbourne playing the role of Essendon.

1 Like

Given we found the handle on things last week, even though it was too late, and we were still a bit surprised when we did, and wound up fluffing it going In 50, I’m predicting (and hoping) that we find it again and early, and quickly settle into having the upper hand when we do, and using it better in finding someone fwd, … that someone a number of times being Clarky dead in front, and T Bell when he’s not there.

Also, … Smack always seems to work better when the pressure’s off him as a target, so therefore he could kick a few as well, and Raz could not keep missing, nor Walla go missing 3 weeks in a row, surely?

Bombers by 12 - 24.

2 Likes

Did he start on the bench last week? If so, thats a ■■■■■■■ embarrassment from the club

Going with a suicidal heartbreaker.
Bombers fans overwhelmed by how well we’re playing for 3 quarters and 4 goals up. To only lose from a remake of frank the tank by a Tom McDonald 5 goal last qtr performance to take Melbourne to victory.

A lot of sides do that at the start of quarters to try and shake/confuse the tag.

1 Like

Handshake agreement between Ess/Melb before the start agreeing on a Draw result.
Both sides have monumentally fluffed up their respective percentages, so a Draw is almost like a Win.

Get it done !

2 Likes

Dons by 74

9 Likes