Game Day Thread v Hawks

What can one say other than the team is now even more under the pump.

Lose this badly and the pressure will go up quite a few more notches.

What ever they’ve been planning and chatting about during the week let’s hope they’ve worked out some fixes to improve how we operate as a team. Applying pressure for the whole game will help.

Two things that really stand out to me over the last 2 decades that have done severe damage to the fabric of our club are the axing of Lloyd by Knights and the ‘Line in the Sand’ game.

Today we have a great opportunity to rectify one.

■■■■ the ball. Go the man. Make 'em hurt physically. Break them mentally and regain the real blue collar culture that was Essendon.

■■■■ the fines. ■■■■ the weeks on the sideline due to suspension. Make those brown and gold maggots bleed.

Show some ■■■■■■■ grunt and passion and get the ■■■■■■■ club back on track.

3 Likes

Hate to ■■■■ on your optimism but have you watched us at all this season? We are as limp as that month old celery stick in the back of the fridge. 80% of our list probably don’t even know what the line in the sand game was.

2 Likes

Look at Cale. Fake passion when his club is at 1-6. The fact he is still in the senior team taking away games from rookies is everything wrong with the club. What has he got to smile about? Club is going nowhere with “leaders” content to pick up a pay cheque. Rutten too gutless to drop him. He’s cooked and probably only getting a game because of Dodo’s failed recruiting and Xav decimating the VFL team.

3 Likes

Jokes on you - my house is on Braydon Ham island!

Jokes on you that’s my favorite island

4 Likes

Buy some property! Going cheap at the moment!

So who the ■■■■ is playing?

2 Likes

If Wingard plays, it will be strictly forwardline after illness.
Sounds like he might not get up for the game.

1 Like

Can’t believe I promised to take my younger cousin to this game. He is a Hawks supporter, and has been eager to go since the fixtures were announced.

Just be slightly less dogshit than normal today Essendon. Please, it’s all I’m asking

i’m just asking for effort/intensity
and not leak easy goals on turnover.

2 Likes

Going to be very interesting. The pressure has been on us all week from the media. Not Monday or Tuesday, the entire week they have been laying into us.

I expect a response but still a disappointing loss, similar to the Melbourne game.

Sad state of affairs when a 6 game player is the one they put on the poster!!!

2 Likes

I just want to be excited by this guy…

5 Likes

It would be great to get a back to the wall win today just to watch the Sam Mitchell press conference.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Smack kick the winning goal while giving Mitchell the finger

4 Likes

We need to know how many injuries are sustained before we do that.

haha Jeezus we are setting the bar low but I am agreeing 100%.

I’m still deciding whether or not to go

Essendon FC : “Go the game bombers fans to see our 1 good player. It should be fun. Enjoy!!”

3 Likes