Game Day v noisy miners, round 4, 2002

While you’re out, feel free to pop in on this thread to get a balanced perspective on how the game is unfolding.

27 Likes

This is a game that will tell us a lot about the attitude of these players. We’ve seen 2 teams this round show great heart and character against the odds. North, coming of a 100+ point beating, pushed the Swans all the way and with some better luck/composure could’ve taken home the 4 points. And West Coast, with a patched up team, many players having interrupted pre-seasons and COVID issues, win on the road. We have some key players missing but there are no excuses today. We have zero right to think we can just break through the banner and get the victory, especially when we are winless and last on the ladder. But if that’s our mindset, then we are setting ourselves up to get rolled. The Crows are young, enthusiastic and plucky. They will be bold with the ball, have high energy without it, and crack in at the contest. We are last or 2nd last in every pressure metric thus far in 2022. The warning bells are there. Anything less than great effort and we will get done today. Just win FFS!

17 Likes

Lose and it’s season over, win and we kickstart our year

There is a lot of fringe/depth players in our team at the moment, they will never get a better chance to cement their spot than right now

Please just give us all a win. The club needs it, the fans need it and Blitz REALLY needs it

4 Likes

14 Likes

we should be expecting a win shouldn’t we ?

we are playing 15th from last year. that’s how it works right ? plently expected us to be 0-3 cos we played top teams in those rounds.

now we should be EXPECTING a win. anything less is a fail.

Han Solo

11 Likes

Yes we are definitely expecting a win, I wouldn’t be underestimating Adelaide though…last year was last year.

3 Likes

One might be heavily focused on debits, the other credits and balance your ledger.

I’ll let you decide which one!

1 Like

Our club’s problem for the better part of 16+ years is the attitude that winning will happen without desperation. I honestly dont think I’ve seen it in our club in recent years except for the 2013 season. Hopefully today there are signs of a turn around…

3 Likes

I miss the big goof. Why did he have to be such a c***.

4 Likes

We still have enough quality on the park to win this game at home. Ridley, Shiel, 2MP, Parish, Perkins, Caldwell - all quality players.

I expect 2MP will kick 4+, it will be down to the rest of our small/medium forwards Snelling, Wanga, Perkins and Waterman as to weather or (or not) we can kick enough goals…

1 Like

Nah desperation gets you Norfs performance yesterday.

Class gets you the win.

2 Likes

My only contribution to this thread is to say that during past home games at the Docklands stadium, I did notice the the words “Go Adelaide” tend to merge into one word, being “Gadelaide”
Do what you wish with this important information.

5 Likes

That “quality” needs to stand up. Without Merrett, Stringer and Heppell being VFL grade we desperately need some leadership.

I’m hoping for an Andy McGrath special today. I love it when he is on.

2 Likes

Well, there you go - I never knew there was a native version.

14 Likes

1 Like

10 minute mark of the first quarter, after some spirited fight by the opposition

9 Likes