Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

Okay, and for the readers, is there a more legitimate heir than Dany? I mean did her father overthrow anyone or had that family held the throne for a thousand years?

Targaryens have held it. Could be argued that the Blackfyre’s (rogue faction of the Targs) if they’ve still a bloodline left could make claim.

Also due to R + L = J, the king in the north could have a valid claim as he’s the heir of the first born son.

Edit:regarding the first line. The Leader of the Golden Company at the time of the Rebellions was a Blackfyre, whether he had children remains to be seen.

Jon’s claim seems abstract at best.
Being all not blonde and all.
It just seems like a lot of explaining to the hoi polloi when support could just as easily go towards the biggest/most powerful ■■■■■■■ (if you’ll excuse the expression).

Mrs Wim says Dany sent a dragon to pick up Varys.

#ScaryUber

1 Like
Okay, and for the readers, is there a more legitimate heir than Dany? I mean did her father overthrow anyone or had that family held the throne for a thousand years?

Targaryens have held it. Could be argued that the Blackfyre’s (rogue faction of the Targs) if they’ve still a bloodline left could make claim.

Also due to R + L = J, the king in the north could have a valid claim as he’s the heir of the first born son.

Edit:regarding the first line. The Leader of the Golden Company at the time of the Rebellions was a Blackfyre, whether he had children remains to be seen.

Jon’s claim seems abstract at best.
Being all not blonde and all.
It just seems like a lot of explaining to the hoi polloi when support could just as easily go towards the biggest/most powerful ■■■■■■■ (if you’ll excuse the expression).

whoever has the army that wins is usually the rightful heir.

Considering how illigetimate the last two kings have been, and that Cersai’s claim to the throne is rather tenious at best, I don’t think ‘rightful heir’ really comes into it. It’s just whoever wins the fight.

Considering how illigetimate the last two kings have been, and that Cersai's claim to the throne is rather tenious at best, I don't think 'rightful heir' really comes into it. It's just whoever wins the fight.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing Cersei’s claim to the throne extends beyond ‘I can blow all you mofos up.’
Isn’t the fact that she’s sitting there at all a pie in the face to the witch’s prophecies? That annoyed me.

Can so see it being like

dany ‘surrender jon or your armies will burn’
jon ‘oi we got some ■■■■■■■ undeadfucks just over yon wall, cool your jets’
dany ’ no such thing as the undead’
jon ‘■■■■■ you got dragons and you wanna lecture me about undead?.. the ■■■■ outta here’

Jon will marry his aunty as is the targaryens way and they will fight the white walkers together. Cersi is cactus as just does not have the numbers.

I’m still stuck on the whole Dany needs to form alliances, and the best way to do that is through marriage.

Who else besides Jon could she marry for strategic purposes? Dorne doesn’t appear to have a male left in it, the Tyrell’s just got wiped out, Theon doesn’t have a ■■■■, Euron can’t work with Theon and Yara around, Edmure Tully is probably a bit scared off marriage atm, Littlefinger is into redheads, the Lannister’s are the bad guys…

I mean, I’m sure there are hundreds of lords from p*issy insignificant houses she could hook up with, but why would she go past the Lannister-hating, ruggedly handsome Stark King of the North?

Seems to be a lack of nephews all round.

I'm still stuck on the whole Dany needs to form alliances, and the best way to do that is through marriage.

Who else besides Jon could she marry for strategic purposes? Dorne doesn’t appear to have a male left in it, the Tyrell’s just got wiped out, Theon doesn’t have a ■■■■, Euron can’t work with Theon and Yara around, Edmure Tully is probably a bit scared off marriage atm, Littlefinger is into redheads, the Lannister’s are the bad guys…

I mean, I’m sure there are hundreds of lords from p*issy insignificant houses she could hook up with, but why would she go past the Lannister-hating, ruggedly handsome Stark King of the North?

I’d say from a purely strategic POV it’d be Jaime Lannister. With the Lannisters among her armies they’d be pretty much unstoppable. However the Lannisters was the promise for the 2 local support groups she picked up. So not gonna happen.

Jamie’s look at the end.
That was, ‘Didn’t I just kill a King for threatening to do exactly that?’
Yes? No?

I'm still stuck on the whole Dany needs to form alliances, and the best way to do that is through marriage.

I’d say from a purely strategic POV it’d be Jaime Lannister. With the Lannisters among her armies they’d be pretty much unstoppable. However the Lannisters was the promise for the 2 local support groups she picked up. So not gonna happen.

If the Lannister’s were also in her army, who exactly would she be fighting?

Surely the Lannister foot soldiers would be deserting, would have been deserting, faster than people who have just seen a ten year-old burned at the stake.
Are any of them even getting paid?
Westeros had no money even in Baratheon’s reign.

How does Daenerys stay on the back of that dragon with all those spikes?
http://alpha666.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/garrison_it.jpg
1 Like
Surely the Lannister foot soldiers would be deserting, would have been deserting, faster than people who have just seen a ten year-old burned at the stake. Are any of them even getting paid? Westeros had no money even in Baratheon's reign.

I would assume ‘fight for me or I’ll burn you and your family with wildfire’ would be a strong persuasion device, but I see your point.

I think she’s just gonna reign with sheer madness and terror, until her brother the Queenslayer repeats history.

Considering how illigetimate the last two kings have been, and that Cersai's claim to the throne is rather tenious at best, I don't think 'rightful heir' really comes into it. It's just whoever wins the fight.

I don’t think anyone’s arguing Cersei’s claim to the throne extends beyond ‘I can blow all you mofos up.’
Isn’t the fact that she’s sitting there at all a pie in the face to the witch’s prophecies? That annoyed me.

Wasn’t the witch’s prophecy that she would be replaced by a younger, more beautiful queen? Everyone (including Cersei) assumed that meant Margaery, but perhaps it is actually Dany?

WRT the legitimacy of claims to the crown. Dany has the best claim as a trueblood heir of the last Targaryean king, and Robert Baratheon’s claim was 1. I won the rebellion, and 2. the Baratheon family had some sort of kingly status in Westeros before the Targaryeans popped over from Valyria with their claim of 1. We won the invasion, and 2. We have dragons, mofos.

Robert was fond of a bit on the side and fathered plenty of bastards (in the TV show it was most notably Gendry who was last seen blacksmithing for the brotherhood, in the books Ned discovered there were heaps of them all over the place), but there is no legitimate claimant left in that line. Jon can be made a Stark (or a Targaryean for that matter), if declared by a noble person of the house. Roose bolton declared Ramsay his legitimate son and allowed him to have the Bolton name, shortly before regretting it immensely. Sansa is the true heir of Winterfell, so she could declare Jon a Stark, but that would mean ceding the title to him as he is older, although what’s left of the Northern lords seem past that consideration anyway. Likewise, Dany could declare him a Targaryean to effectively have the whole of Westeros against the Lannisters and maybe Euron Greyjoy. Jon also has the benefit of being a bastardo of two noble bloodlines, instead of the more traditional Lord and random ■■■■■ combination. She could also claim that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly married, thus making him legitimate, but that would mean a possible contest for the throne. I think I’ve just gone cross-eyed.

Ten months, FFS!

And I can't be the only one frustrated at The Mountain not doing his own one man recreation of the Battle of the Bastards against the religious foot soldiers.

Yep, the whole scene with Lancel was just to show us the huge stash of widlfire under the sept, would have liked to see the Mountain smash some heads at some point.

If the Lannister’s were also in her army, who exactly would she be fighting?

WHITE WALKERS

Surely the Lannister foot soldiers would be deserting, would have been deserting, faster than people who have just seen a ten year-old burned at the stake. Are any of them even getting paid? Westeros had no money even in Baratheon's reign.

I would assume ‘fight for me or I’ll burn you and your family with wildfire’ would be a strong persuasion device, but I see your point.

I think she’s just gonna reign with sheer madness and terror, until her brother the Queenslayer repeats history.

Ohhh, I like your thinking.
I don’t think the Lannister influence should extend much beyond King’s Landing anymore though. I just don’t see how they can afford a standing army beyond that anymore. Never mind that their general was killed on the ■■■■■■■.
I don’t think they’re in a position to threaten anyone outside the capital.

Wasn’t the witch’s prophecy that she would be replaced by a younger, more beautiful queen? Eeveryone (including Cersei) assumed that meant Margaery, but perhaps it is actually Dany?

WRT the legitimacy of claims to the crown. Dany has the best claim as a truelblood heir of the last Targaryean king, and Robert Baratheon’s claim was 1. I won the rebellion, and 2. the Baratheon family had some sort of kingly status in Westeros before the Targaryeans popped over from Valyria with their claim of 1. We won the invasion, and 2. We have dragons, mofos.

Robert was fond of a bit on the side and fathered plenty of bastards (in the TV show it was most notably Gendry who was last seen blacksmithing for the brotherhood, in the books Ned discovered there were heaps of them all over the place), but there is no legitimate claimant left in that line. Jon can be made a Stark (or a Targaryean for that matter), if declared by a noble person of the house. Roose bolton declared Ramsay his legitimate son and allowed him to have the Bolton name, shortly before regretting it immensely. Sansa is the true heir of Winterfell, so she could declare Jon a Stark, but that would mean ceding the title to him as he is older, although what’s left of the Northern lords seem past that consideration anyway. Likewise, Dany could declare him a Targaryean to effectively have the whole of Westeros against the Lannisters and maybe Euron Greyjoy. Jon also has the benefit of being a ■■■■■■■ of two noble bloodlines, instead of the more traditional Lord and random ■■■■■ combination. She could also claim that Rhaegar and Lianna were secretly married, thus making him legitimate, but that would mean a possible contest for the throne. I think I’ve just gone cross-eyed.

Ten months, FFS!

I love the rest of your post, but…and my memory may be failing me here, didn’t the witch say Cersei would never be queen?
I hope I’m wrong, because that would just make everything else kind of stupid.