Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

- TV series talk only

- No book spoilers

- Keep everything in spoiler tags. Don't want to ruin stuff for people who come blindly wandering in here

[spoiler]So finally the little prick Joffrey is dead. I think everybody had a hand in killing him. Although I'm kinda hoping that it was just Tywin who did it because he's awesome and I'd like to see what he did sitting on the iron throne.

And is anyone else bored shitless with Bran's storyline?[/spoiler]

Not bored so much as horrified at what puberty has done to him.

ha. yeah he looks wack now. surely he'll die soon. 

- TV series talk only

- No book spoilers

- Keep everything in spoiler tags. Don't want to ruin stuff for people who come blindly wandering in here

[spoiler]So finally the little prick Joffrey is dead. I think everybody had a hand in killing him. Although I'm kinda hoping that it was just Tywin who did it because he's awesome and I'd like to see what he did sitting on the iron throne.

[spoiler]A touch of Murder on the Orient Express - double spoiler in case you haven't seen that? I hope Emma Peel and Moriarty/Anne Boleyn had a hand in it...Jamie Lannister would have had a hand, albeit gold-plated, in it.[/spoiler]

Spoiler: they're all dead.

Oops. Wrong show.

Not so wrong given his this show treats its major characters...

[spoiler]So as far as I can tell, someone has put the Fool to poison him, given his short "come with me if you want to live!" speech to Sansa.

Disappointing part of last nights episode, no boobies. Wouldn't mind seeing the new queen whip em out.[/spoiler]

For that you could watch the Tudors. Although last time I made a suggestion about seeing a GoT cast member naked in other works a mod had some kind of spazz and banned me.

- TV series talk only

- No book spoilers

[spoiler]A touch of Murder on the Orient Express - double spoiler in case you haven't seen that? I hope Emma Peel and Moriarty/Anne Boleyn had a hand in it...Jamie Lannister would have had a hand, albeit gold-plated, in it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That's the vibe I got. Every character that has a nam was at the wedding. Even someone like The Mountain was just there in foreground for a few seconds. Just so we know that everyone was there and anyone could have poisoned him.

I actually said  to my brother that Emma Peel needed to get on the case. From what I've been told they've made her part a bit bigger than in the book and I'm happy with that. Good character.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

I think he took the wine from in front of the new queens grandmother. Did she slip the poison in?

And do we really have to put spoilers on everything in this thread? The title says "there will be spoilers"

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]So as far as I can tell, someone has put the Fool to poison him, given his short "come with me if you want to live!" speech to Sansa.

Disappointing part of last nights episode, no boobies. Wouldn't mind seeing the new queen whip em out.[/spoiler]

watch the Tudors

[spoiler]

I think he took the wine from in front of the new queens grandmother. Did she slip the poison in?

And do we really have to put spoilers on everything in this thread? The title says "there will be spoilers"

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

agreed, seems silly, should be a spoiler thread with spoiler tags for book spoilers only

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

agreed, seems silly, should be a spoiler thread with spoiler tags for book spoilers only

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I like that idea. But I don't think Boot does (mentioned it in the TV show thread) which is why I put that note in the original post. Gotta play it safe I guess. [/spoiler]

re: possible culprits watch necklaces on people very closely and what people do with them.

Spoilers people. If I have to delete one more post, the whole thread goes, and so does the person that caused it.

[spoiler]Having read the books I was looking very closely to see how it would unfold, and it seemed like they deliberately made it look like everyone could have had a hand in it or at least had a motive. 

At one point Sansa picked up the goblet and gave it to Joffrey, and it looked like Joffrey had his first little cough after that. But he had some of that pie too, and the Measter (Llewyn?) had been sent to the kitchen.

Obviously Ser Dontos (the fool) seemed not all that surprised, and has motive, but who is he working for? The spider (Varys)? Littlefinger?

Cersei hates Tyrion, and with Joffrey dead she would be the only Queen again (at least until Tommen marries).

The Red Viper (Prince Oberyn) has plenty of motive. He was also making eyes at Ser Loras. The Dornish are well known for their use of poison too. [/spoiler]

Can we not discuss A Song of Ice and Fire, in it's entirety? Why do people that have taken the time to actually read something before the rest of the world decided it was cool have to be penalised??

I ask for two reasons: 1) I want to discuss plot variations and questions of a "did that really happen, or are we talking artistic licence?" nature; and 2) The answers to questions above are actually discussed in early parts of the novel series, before the incident even occurred, but for some reason were not pointed out in the episode in question. Which I think is stupid, because the knowing who did it actually makes the moment of Joffrey's death that little bit sweeter.

Also, the contortionist in E2 is staring straight at the camera. Why??

Can we not discuss A Song of Ice and Fire, in it's entirety? Why do people that have taken the time to actually read something before the rest of the world decided it was cool have to be penalised??

I ask for two reasons: 1) I want to discuss plot variations and questions of a "did that really happen, or are we talking artistic licence?" nature; and 2) The answers to questions above are actually discussed in early parts of the novel series, before the incident even occurred, but for some reason were not pointed out in the episode in question. Which I think is stupid, because the knowing who did it actually makes the moment of Joffrey's death that little bit sweeter.

Also, the contortionist in E2 is staring straight at the camera. Why??

I don't think the book readers (my self included) are being penalised per se, I can understand that if you have not read the books, you would not want to know what is going to happen in the show.

Just a suggestion, perhaps a thread for the book readers, although it may be tempting to some who have not read the books. 

Havent seen one episode of this show ever.

Didn't we used to have a thread for book readers and one for not?

I can't see why "BOOK SPOILER" before such posts is not sufficient...