Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

Yeah all right I get it... You know nothing non-book-reading-blitzers!!

On another note, I'm keen to get the series on blu-ray, but I could be waiting a long time... I see box sets for the first 3 seasons etc, but whats the point. When this is finally done Im going to want to get the whole thing in some valyrian steel box that comes with gendrys helmet and one of Drogons claws. And Ice.

Blu-ray will probably be obsolete by then, right?

On another note, I'm keen to get the series on blu-ray, but I could be waiting a long time... I see box sets for the first 3 seasons etc, but whats the point. When this is finally done Im going to want to get the whole thing in some valyrian steel box that comes with gendrys helmet and one of Drogons claws. And Ice.

I'm a bit the same. I've been buying each season as it's released though. Oh well, aimlessly spending money never hurt anyone.

Got to be 4K
Book spoiler

[spoiler] Doesn't Jon also get elected to the Lord Commander in book 3? Seems like this might get pushed into season 5.... Also it appears from the preview that Bran reaches the Tree next week, which is way ahead of the timeline in the books. Coldhands appears to be written out as well. Finally, The Hound's story arc is going to ■■■■ a lot of people off methinks....
Also, I can't recall the books that well, but in the books, isn't it left a bit vague as to how Ygvitte dies?  I recall Jon just finds her dead body but you don't know how she died... I thought the television adaptation of her death was a bit clichéd and cheesy, too much soapy soaring music...[/spoiler]

P.s. How do you tell if someone's read game of thrones? They'll tell you.. they'll farkin tell you. ;)

Book:

[spoiler]I thought Jon shot Ygrette but I'm not ashamed to mention I have an extremely blurry recollection of book events. Also yeah no idea why Bran's racing ahead of the curve.[/spoiler]

Book:

[spoiler]I thought Jon shot Ygrette but I'm not ashamed to mention I have an extremely blurry recollection of book events. Also yeah no idea why Bran's racing ahead of the curve.[/spoiler]

book [spoiler]Probably because he will be an adult soon![/spoiler]

Book:

book

[spoiler] My recollection was that he found her as she was dying and helfd her as she died. I don't think he shot her, but he had been killing a lot of people and might have noted a flash of red hair or something.

Yeah Bran's storyline, particularly without Cold Hands, doesn't have much left to run until he meets the Children OTF, which happened at the end of ADWD, so it's wierd that they are screening it now, when they could have just filmed it and shown it in the coming seasons. Then again NOTHING really happens in his storyline in the books, except he learns he can warg into Summer and Hodor. I don't know, maybe cold hands does come into it next season and they cut to Bran's story to teach us more about the Others, and he doesn't meet the COTF until the end.

I can't see him meeting the COTF in the final episode, I just don't see how there can be enough time, especially if we have to shackle dragons, spend at least half an hour on Tyrion, farewell the Hound and Arya, and maybe Brienne and Pod (though they could be abducted by the Brothers without Banners and brought before LSH). That's assuming we have to go back to The Wall welcome Stannis.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear any more of a few of the storylines this fnal week. Maybe Jon's is over until next season. LF and Sansa are probably done too. And I think we might have seen the last of Bran until next season too. [/spoiler]

Anyone watched the history and lore of GOT. were on the blue RayS, can find em on you give now. Someones edited them all together so there are 3 episodes of about an hour each, 1 for each season.

Awesome for anyone who is a little foggy on all the history. If you are up to date with TV there are no spoilers

Anyone watched the history and lore of GOT. were on the blue RayS, can find em on you give now. Someones edited them all together so there are 3 episodes of about an hour each, 1 for each season.
Awesome for anyone who is a little foggy on all the history. If you are up to date with TV there are no spoilers

Yeah been watching those on Youtube. it's really great how they've got all the actors & actresses to narrate them.

I think my favorite one is with Lord Varys and Baelish and hearing them go back and forth.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfqiBkX1Kik[/media]

Book:

book

[spoiler] My recollection was that he found her as she was dying and helfd her as she died. I don't think he shot her, but he had been killing a lot of people and might have noted a flash of red hair or something.

Yeah Bran's storyline, particularly without Cold Hands, doesn't have much left to run until he meets the Children OTF, which happened at the end of ADWD, so it's wierd that they are screening it now, when they could have just filmed it and shown it in the coming seasons. Then again NOTHING really happens in his storyline in the books, except he learns he can warg into Summer and Hodor. I don't know, maybe cold hands does come into it next season and they cut to Bran's story to teach us more about the Others, and he doesn't meet the COTF until the end.

I can't see him meeting the COTF in the final episode, I just don't see how there can be enough time, especially if we have to shackle dragons, spend at least half an hour on Tyrion, farewell the Hound and Arya, and maybe Brienne and Pod (though they could be abducted by the Brothers without Banners and brought before LSH). That's assuming we have to go back to The Wall welcome Stannis.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear any more of a few of the storylines this fnal week. Maybe Jon's is over until next season. LF and Sansa are probably done too. And I think we might have seen the last of Bran until next season too. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I think Jon's will continue next week. He will have an encounter wit Mance and then Stannis will arrive... and that will probably be it. [/spoiler]

TV Season 4 Episode 9 spoiler

[spoiler]

http://youtu.be/A4oQzTGTc_g

[/spoiler]

LOL

Yeah been watching those on Youtube. it's really great how they've got all the actors & actresses to narrate them.
I think my favorite one is with Lord Varys and Baelish and hearing them go back and forth.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfqiBkX1Kik[/media]

Cheers, these are great

Anyone here seen the trailer for next week? A few of you who have made predictions for the final ep (me included) may want to review.

Anyone here seen the trailer for next week? A few of you who have made predictions for the final ep (me included) may want to review.

I just had a look.

Tralier Spoilers

[spoiler]Looks like we will see Jon/Mance again, and that elusive tree Bran has been searching for. There may also be a dragon. Plus it looks like the Hound and Arya will soldier on...[/spoiler]

Book [spoiler] For me, Bran meeting the COTF was a massive, massive reveal. We already knew about White Walkers and Giants and Wargs, but this kind of confirmed that EVERYTHING Old Nan said was true. It made me want to go back and find every one of her quotes. Plus, it made me realise the importance of the Hart trees (weirwoods), and ravens/crows etc Mormont's crow too. I think if they are revealed in this last episode, along with Tyrion's story, it has the potential of being the cliffhangeriest cliffhanger of all time. [/spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

I saw the honest trailer in here, but wasn't sure if this had been posted.

Friggin' funny.

Silence in the realm!

Well, that was interesting. He said enigmatically.

Now should I wait for Mrs Bull to return home before watching.....

Now should I wait for Mrs Bull to return home before watching.....

Do it without telling her. Then watch it again with her and during shocking scenes, she'll look at you, and you can just give a knowing nod as if you knew what was going to happen.