Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

TBH I didn't think of the bread at the time. Though it wouldn't have really proven she was on a mission from Caitlyn Stark, maybe Hot Pie had been coerced into telling Brienne what way they went.

I don't think telling Arya the details of how she came to be in posession of "Ice" would have helped. She was still commissioned by the Lannisters, who melted the sword down. That has to be one of the biggest insults EVER.

The fact is that Brienne isn't that bright. She always looks confused and conflicted, she's one of those "I want to be honourable at all costs" characters that always gets into sh*t because they can't tell a white lie or break the code even if it's for the greater good. Deontology over pragmatism/consequentialism.

Her goal was to look after Arya and get her to safety (King's Landing?? Littlefinger?? The Wall??), so she needed to get Arya onside but she couldn't do that.

Meanwhile Arya has been handballed from the Night's Watch, to Locke, to The Brotherhood, The Hound... I think she's sick of being a hostage and was having none of it. Westeros is farked and she just had to GTFO.

book [spoiler] Has it been mentioned in the shows whether she has 'wolf dreams'?I really want that she gets re-united with Nymerria.[/spoiler]

book

[spoiler] One of the worst creative decisions of the show was to completely marginalise the dire wolfs. Perhaps this was due to technical limitations, budget or to give preference to other plot development, but they are a core part of the story in the book and are so tokenistically dealt with in the show they might as well have been written out completely.  I don't think anyone who hasn't read the book even remembers Nymerria or the fact that she may be still alive. The TV show never mentions the rumours of a large pack of wolves roaming around with a direwolf leader, as frequently alluded to in the book[/spoiler]

book [spoiler]There was a point when I think some guards were in Renly's camp and there had been talk of wolves massacre's, but it seemed to be alluding to Rob and his wolves rather than actual wolves. I remember one of the guards said "Shhhh! What's that sound, listen......." and then he farted.

Good times.

I know they have to keep the costs down and CGI is expensive, but the wolves are hardly even in the show, and I think they make you like the Starks so much more in the books.

[/spoiler]

Where the hell is Gendry? I was expecting him to show his face before the season was out. Just floating aimlessly in the ocean I guess. Maybe he'll end up with Danaerys too.

I thought Gendry and Arya would make a good couple.

book [spoiler] Seriously I've got no idea what to expect from the series. Will it even end with someone winning the Game of Thrones? Does there have to be some marriage of Fire & Ice that would quell the white walkers and unite the realm?

It just doesn't seem to be the sort of series that ends in with a fairy tale ending. Sansa probably isn't going to be a Prince. Bran isn't going to be a Knight.

Could Jon an Dany get it on and unite the realm, and the Direwolves and dragons keep the peace? Then what about Dorne and the Iron Islands, what would make them happy?

Or will there be some kind of earthquake that separates the North. Can the last of the giants be saved, and the COTF? What would it take to diffuse the white walkers? Kill their leader? Could Melissandre do this, or do we need to find the Prince who was Promised? Could Jon be this prince (blood of ice and fire) if R+L=J is true? Will Jon end up riding a dragon and kill the The Night King and a bunch of massive revenous ice spiders? Or is Jon to die a meaningless death? Or will he do a Gandalf and come back as someone not a mere mortal?

There's so much still to happen and it's hard to even know where it's heading. So many characters are yet to meet, and key characters were only introduced in book 5?

Magic has become rife, Winter is Coming, and everyone is fighting amongst themselves. Though Winter doesn't seem to be coming to Easos, so is it a matter of a curse on Westeros that needs to be lifted?

[/spoiler]

I need to read more of the books to join in discussion. Only just caught up on tv series Wednesday night. and have about 300 pages of book 2 to go.

Being sick a couple of days last week helped me race through about 3-400 pages.

Where the hell is Gendry? I was expecting him to show his face before the season was out. Just floating aimlessly in the ocean I guess. Maybe he'll end up with Danaerys too.

I assumed he was still rowing. Somewhere, for some reason.

I thought Gendry and Arya would make a good couple.

book [spoiler] Seriously I've got no idea what to expect from the series. Will it even end with someone winning the Game of Thrones? Does there have to be some marriage of Fire & Ice that would quell the white walkers and unite the realm?

It just doesn't seem to be the sort of series that ends in with a fairy tale ending. Sansa probably isn't going to be a Prince. Bran isn't going to be a Knight.

Could Jon an Dany get it on and unite the realm, and the Direwolves and dragons keep the peace? Then what about Dorne and the Iron Islands, what would make them happy?

Or will there be some kind of earthquake that separates the North. Can the last of the giants be saved, and the COTF? What would it take to diffuse the white walkers? Kill their leader? Could Melissandre do this, or do we need to find the Prince who was Promised? Could Jon be this prince (blood of ice and fire) if R+L=J is true? Will Jon end up riding a dragon and kill the The Night King and a bunch of massive revenous ice spiders? Or is Jon to die a meaningless death? Or will he do a Gandalf and come back as someone not a mere mortal?

There's so much still to happen and it's hard to even know where it's heading. So many characters are yet to meet, and key characters were only introduced in book 5?

Magic has become rife, Winter is Coming, and everyone is fighting amongst themselves. Though Winter doesn't seem to be coming to Easos, so is it a matter of a curse on Westeros that needs to be lifted?

[/spoiler]

I have forgotten most of the first couple of seasons. I'm halfway through reading the second book at the moment.

Books are a must read to find out the background information about everyone.

Very unusual but I think the series is better than the books. Especially the book that deals with series four. Some of the writing is easy to skip through. Somewhat boring.

It’s just far better edited than the books.

1 Like

i love the book, but i get over the fashion analysis on every single page. 

john cockwomble, in a grey onesie draped with a crimson doubloet, gold chain and an anodised pink aluminium drink container, enters the room. 

Then you get the food ■■■■ when he sits down to eat. Or in Dany's case pushes it away after a small bite.

By the old gods and new I dislike her.

Very unusual but I think the series is better than the books. Especially the book that deals with series four. Some of the writing is easy to skip through. Somewhat boring.

I think if I'd watched the show first then I'd find the books a bit tedious, as I'd kind of be rushing to get to the 'good' bits, but I think the 2nd half of book three (basically season 4) might have been my favourite (the edition of book 3 I had was split into 2 volumes). the stuff with Lysa Arryn, Oberyn/Tyrion, The Wall, Arya just got me more hooked on the series than I had ever been, and then I had to wait 2 more years for the next book.

Some of the clothing I skimmed because I don't really know what the hell they are talking about. And the food didn't really bother me though I noticed it a lot more after someone pointed it out to me.

I think if I'd watched the show first then I'd find the books a bit tedious, as I'd kind of be rushing to get to the 'good' bits, but I think the 2nd half of book three (basically season 4) might have been my favourite (the edition of book 3 I had was split into 2 volumes). the stuff with Lysa Arryn, Oberyn/Tyrion, The Wall, Arya just got me more hooked on the series than I had ever been, and then I had to wait 2 more years for the next book.

Some of the clothing I skimmed because I don't really know what the hell they are talking about. And the food didn't really bother me though I noticed it a lot more after someone pointed it out to me.

Can understand that guys would maybe not be interested in the clothing/what they were wearing, I enjoyed what they were wearing bits, but hey I am female, lol.

I also enjoyed what they eating bits, some of it sounded delicious. I watched a show with Heston Blumenthal on SBS, where he traveled quite a bit of the country to find 'lamprey's, (which I had only heard of because of GOT), so he could make a pie.

GOT was not mentioned on the show.

Can understand that guys would maybe not be interested in the clothing/what they were wearing, I enjoyed what they were wearing bits, but hey I am female, lol.

I also enjoyed what they eating bits, some of it sounded delicious. I watched a show with Heston Blumenthal on SBS, where he traveled quite a bit of the country to find 'lamprey's, (which I had only heard of because of GOT), so he could make a pie.

GOT was not mentioned on the show.

Ha! Good old lamprey pie! I remember googling lamprey to see if they were what I thought they were, and I was right. Basically massive ocean leeches.

Actually I was quite interested in what they were wearing, but the items of clothes mentioned, e.g, surcoat, doublet, hauberk etc were unknown to me so I just couldn't picture it.

Not sure what to do with the extra hour on Monday nights.

True Blood?

Might as well just watch some goth pr0n as that tripe.

True Blood?

Huh? What's that? Oh the pasty while emo teens with glitter on their faces? No thanks.

Have a flog

True Blood?
Huh? What's that? Oh the pasty while emo teens with glitter on their faces? No thanks.
Pasty white emo teens? I must have missed them.

watch the Tunnel, it has stannis in it.