Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

Book:

[spoiler]Brienne's only finished if they write out LSH entirely, which I can't imagine they would.

I read recently someone supposed the next two books could be done in one TV season because they are so light on action, and then push to their own finish.[/spoiler]

Book

[spoiler]It makes a fait bit of sense to have LSH shifted to the next series.  That part of the story is very sparse, slow, and disjointed in the books - Brienne gets very little 'screen' time and LSH gets basically none except for the revel when she has Frey hanged, and then when she meets Brienne later on.  And other than a few references when she's being talked about by other characters rather than being actually on scene herself, that is ALL, even as of the end of book 5.  There's really not very much to hang your hat on there - I expect they'll have to invent some more material just to flesh the plotline out a bit when the show does bring her in.

GRRM really dropped the ball when it comes to pacing, on book 4 especially.  5th was better, but still dragged quite badly in places.  Hope he gets his **** together for the next one.  [/spoiler]

book

[spoiler]It's kind of exciting because the show can go whatever way they like.

Bran's storyline is already 2 books ahead, Theon is about 1.5 books ahead, and people are going to be ■■■■■■ if there's no Arya, Tyrion and Khaleesi/Dragons for a whole season so it wouldn't hurt to merge the 2 books, though I would still prefer it done over 2 seasons.

Basically there's the Greyjoy's, and I wouldn't have a problem if they sped that up.

Then there's Dorne, which should add some new colour to the show.

There's Brienne and Pod, as well as Jaime wandering about putting out brush fires.

A fair bit of politics and what not going on at the Wall.

Winterfell and the Boltons, & Co, fake weddings and imposters.

Cersei & the church.

So there's a fair bit to get through, especially as arya's scenes would all be long ones. I guess she might only have to be in every 2nd show.

It would be interesting if they took new directions with a lot of the characters. I know they got approval from HBO to start on 2 more seasons, so I guess it would make sense to film them (or some storylines) concurrently.

[/spoiler]

LOL for those who get the reference

Not bad.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngj2_Xjjsw[/media]

I don't get it.

I mean, I get it that out of all of those options she picked the crappest way to answer The Hound, but is the HUD it from the Blitz RPG or something?

I don't get it.

I mean, I get it that out of all of those options she picked the crappest way to answer The Hound, but is the HUD it from the Blitz RPG or something?

Maybe it's from the GoT game?

houses_game_of_thrones_tv_series_house_m

Link/pic isn't working? ^^

■■■■■■ hell

More of this please

I don't get it.

Mass Effect 

I don't get it.

Mass Effect 

That's OK then. I was worried it was going to be from a game I'd played.

I only just saw this earlier today, I'd been avoiding the thread all week. 

HOW FARKING GOOD WAS THE HOUND V BRIENNE FIGHT ! (Certainly worthy of being yelled about) 

I only just saw this earlier today, I'd been avoiding the thread all week. 

HOW FARKING GOOD WAS THE HOUND V BRIENNE FIGHT ! (Certainly worthy of being yelled about) 

RIGHT IN THE CLARK!!!!

Best fight. Heart Brienne.

I don't get it.

Mass Effect 

What's the reference?

In Mass Effect you get to pick dialogue options to continue the conversation. You can defuse it or further it. It's just making the point that Brienne had more than one way to defuse the situation but instead is like "I got this".

If the Mass Effect comparison were real though, the 'Jamie Lannister gave me this sword' option should be in red. RENEGADE

TBH I didn't think of the bread at the time. Though it wouldn't have really proven she was on a mission from Caitlyn Stark, maybe Hot Pie had been coerced into telling Brienne what way they went.

I don't think telling Arya the details of how she came to be in posession of "Ice" would have helped. She was still commissioned by the Lannisters, who melted the sword down. That has to be one of the biggest insults EVER.

The fact is that Brienne isn't that bright. She always looks confused and conflicted, she's one of those "I want to be honourable at all costs" characters that always gets into sh*t because they can't tell a white lie or break the code even if it's for the greater good. Deontology over pragmatism/consequentialism.

Her goal was to look after Arya and get her to safety (King's Landing?? Littlefinger?? The Wall??), so she needed to get Arya onside but she couldn't do that.

Meanwhile Arya has been handballed from the Night's Watch, to Locke, to The Brotherhood, The Hound... I think she's sick of being a hostage and was having none of it. Westeros is farked and she just had to GTFO.

book [spoiler] Has it been mentioned in the shows whether she has 'wolf dreams'?I really want that she gets re-united with Nymerria.[/spoiler]

TBH I didn't think of the bread at the time. Though it wouldn't have really proven she was on a mission from Caitlyn Stark, maybe Hot Pie had been coerced into telling Brienne what way they went.

I don't think telling Arya the details of how she came to be in posession of "Ice" would have helped. She was still commissioned by the Lannisters, who melted the sword down. That has to be one of the biggest insults EVER.

The fact is that Brienne isn't that bright. She always looks confused and conflicted, she's one of those "I want to be honourable at all costs" characters that always gets into sh*t because they can't tell a white lie or break the code even if it's for the greater good. Deontology over pragmatism/consequentialism.

Her goal was to look after Arya and get her to safety (King's Landing?? Littlefinger?? The Wall??), so she needed to get Arya onside but she couldn't do that.

Meanwhile Arya has been handballed from the Night's Watch, to Locke, to The Brotherhood, The Hound... I think she's sick of being a hostage and was having none of it. Westeros is farked and she just had to GTFO.

book [spoiler] Has it been mentioned in the shows whether she has 'wolf dreams'?I really want that she gets re-united with Nymerria.[/spoiler]

book

[spoiler] One of the worst creative decisions of the show was to completely marginalise the dire wolfs. Perhaps this was due to technical limitations, budget or to give preference to other plot development, but they are a core part of the story in the book and are so tokenistically dealt with in the show they might as well have been written out completely.  I don't think anyone who hasn't read the book even remembers Nymerria or the fact that she may be still alive. The TV show never mentions the rumours of a large pack of wolves roaming around with a direwolf leader, as frequently alluded to in the book[/spoiler]

I think Brienne and Stannis being heavily conflicted do-gooders is what makes them my favourites.

stannis is a bad dude.

Where the hell is Gendry? I was expecting him to show his face before the season was out. Just floating aimlessly in the ocean I guess. Maybe he'll end up with Danaerys too.