Game of Thrones TV show mega thread

I wonder whether all the story threads will tie-in to one-another, as often happens in other dramas.  There is so much going on.  Jon Snow and the Night's Watch now with Stannis, Bran in a tree, Tyrion going somewhere with Varys, Dany doing things, Boltons doing things, Lannisters dead with dropped trou.

I reckon it was the first 1

I wonder whether all the story threads will tie-in to one-another, as often happens in other dramas.  There is so much going on.  Jon Snow and the Night's Watch now with Stannis, Bran in a tree, Tyrion going somewhere with Varys, Dany doing things, Boltons doing things, Lannisters dead with dropped trou.

Normally in these medieval fantasy stories you'd have a finale where everyone comes together for a big royal wedding or coronation, and everyone gets given titles and lands for their part in defeating the bad guys, there's a few marriages announced that will see peace between previously warring houses etc. Maybe a couple of nice pregnancies.

Can't see that happening here. Are the "Others" really bad guys? Or just the opposite the the Red god and his followers? Will the Wall come down in some kind of apocalyptc event?

Normally in these medieval fantasy stories you'd have a finale where everyone comes together for a big royal wedding or coronation, and everyone gets given titles and lands for their part in defeating the bad guys, there's a few marriages announced that will see peace between previously warring houses etc. Maybe a couple of nice pregnancies.

Can't see that happening here. Are the "Others" really bad guys? Or just the opposite the the Red god and his followers? Will the Wall come down in some kind of apocalyptc event?

Agree you wont get you archetypal fantasy ending. GRRM is on record as saying his purpose with these books was to break down the fantasy/hero formula. I think, for the most part, he's done that so far as is the main reason GOT is getting the audience it is.

He's still giving us kids with special ■■■■■■■ destinies though, just with more ■■■■ and swearing than Tanith Lee.

He's still giving us kids with special ******* destinies though, just with more **** and swearing than Tanith Lee.

Who says those destinies will be fulfilled. Nothing is guaranteed with him

Yep. The annoying thing is he is taking years to get the books done and the producers of the show have gone so far past his books, they are relying on what he is giving them now, rather than what he will flesh out when he writes the books.

New trailer is out.
I’m sure it was more suggestive to others than it was to me and made them go ‘oooooooh.’

2 Likes

I really have the feeling that a Lanister will be the only one remaining after all this.

Surely Tyrion then, because if it’s Cersei, that would just be ■■■■.

That’s pure media manipulation.

The article was talking about how they were all sad that the series was over - nothing to do with the way the show ends.

1 Like

Tyrion dies sadly. I’ll guarantee that.

But, littlefinger ain’t dead. No way in hell he’s dead, he used a faceless man to cover for him by giving a coin of bravos. He will still sit on the iron throne

2 Likes

2 years break is very frustrating

1 Like

People who read the books are pointing and laughing bitterly at you.

2 Likes

i can’t remember wtf happened in the last season and cbf watching.

i think i’m losing motivation for this, until it arrives that is…

Good luck to them. I’m laughing at them for wasting so much time reading the books. How are the books going?

1 Like

Given that the last one was published approximately 20% of my lifetime ago … I forget.

5 Likes

Predictions anyone?

l will kick off with a minor one, the Hound will battle the Mountain and kill, but will be seriously wounded in the process. He will linger on for a while, but will then succumb to his wounds.