Game review: saints v Dons

I want a please explain from the club.

Remember late last year, when Eddie McGuire and Buckley organised a members forum cause ot how ■■■■ they were playing?

Are the players in the right head-space? Are they mentally prepared to play AFL footy with WADA still present?

Bring in the kids is a silly thing to say, on the evidence ive seen of our kids they are no farken good!

The problem is the club is at it’s lowest point. Kids are only really as good as the training and support around them is.

We have some very talented young guys but their support is low and their ability to play with confidence and abandon is limited. Place some of these guys into some of these others teams and you might find that you would be claling their names and saying that other club drafted well.

You take raw talented kids and create the stars of the future. At the moment we cannot do this and so they look poor.

No hope in sight, and no relief either, the pain will continue and may even get worse before things better. Welcome to the winter of our discontent.

Dempsey played one of the poorer games in history. He needs to make way for a younger player (Edwards, Ashby, Dalgleish) for the rest of the year. They even showed Hird’s frustration in the box at some of the things he was/wasn’t doing. I’ll be startled if he takes the field next week.

As long as the club map out a clear vision for the future then I can accept the pain of undergoing a rebuild and a list overhaul. Let’s start afresh with purpose rather than meandering along in limbo. Anyone who wants a change or to retire for mental health reasons, respect it and let them go via trade if possible for those changing clubs. We need to be set on a path that will lead to healing.

Drug saga has cooked the players. Effort was shocking but 3 years of his crap is the killer

Hate to make excuses but thats a fact

Two things, I looked at the draw a few weeks ago and could only see us winning maybe 2 more games for the year, that should now be none.

If the players are that mentally fatigued then we would be better off getting the psychs in and saying if you want to not play until you know your fate then we are ok with that. If that means 15 players sit out rest of year and we finish last then so be it…how could the AFL punish us for tanking in that situation, everyone can see that these guys and the coach are cooked, at least Hirdy got a year off. If we finish last we get a great pick and we get to see all the kids until the end of the year…win win and then if we lose by 100 points well have a better excuse

Thia morning I woke up and saw on my Facebook feed a photo of a guy whose skin had fallen of as a result of radiation poisoning. It wasn’t the worst thing I saw today.

At least I met Cam Newton last night.

One of the worst performances I've ever witnessed.

Embarrassing lack of intensity.

This group is cooked. Bring in the kids.

What kids? The ones that played today weren’t any better.

All I can hope is that this is a catalyst for some serious list management changes come the end of the year. The club and this coaching group have been delusional about where we are for too long.

Our talls are good but our midfield is shocking even if you include Myers and Hocking. No speed, spread, skill or intensity

Disgrace

Utter disgrace

Heppell I thought was awesome…that’s about it

The list of negatives goes on and on… Our kids suck, our experienced players are cooked and we are lacking in effort, pressure, fitness, skills, decision making etc

Where to from here?

Thia morning I woke up and saw on my Facebook feed a photo of a guy whose skin had fallen of as a result of radiation poisoning. It wasn't the worst thing I saw today.

At least I met Cam Newton last night.

You met Cam?! Son of a ■■■■■, I was stuck with just the Essendon game.

Positives:
I did two loads of washing, including the sheets
Have vacuumed.
Next year I’m gonna time my holiday to be during the finals that we never play in.

Negatives; Thought I better see if we were playing, stopped doing house work.
Sport is really farking ■■■■ and corrupt.
My feet are cold.
Worst team in the league.

Colyer to win our b&f by not playing

All the people saying Hirdy is doing as good a job as Bomber need there heads read. We were on of the highest inside 50 teams last year now we are lucky to reach 45 most weeks. If this is not system and gameplan what is it.

Two things, I looked at the draw a few weeks ago and could only see us winning maybe 2 more games for the year, that should now be none.

If the players are that mentally fatigued then we would be better off getting the psychs in and saying if you want to not play until you know your fate then we are ok with that. If that means 15 players sit out rest of year and we finish last then so be it…how could the AFL punish us for tanking in that situation, everyone can see that these guys and the coach are cooked, at least Hirdy got a year off. If we finish last we get a great pick and we get to see all the kids until the end of the year…win win and then if we lose by 100 points well have a better excuse

Of course we would be punished for tanking, and so we should be if that is what we stoop to.

Shaun McKernan is only a tank away from being a very, very, very good AFL ruckman.

Strong at ground ground level, good in the air, a fair leap and some pretty tidy tapwork.

And he gives a sh*t.

No positives in a 110 point lose.

None whatsoever, move forward to next week is all you can do and forget about today.

I think they’re in urgent need of a really good, independent sports psychologist, team and probably coach alike. The WADA retrial bullcrap has just cooked them. You only have to look at Jobe to see it.

I honestly don’t think this is in any way a fair reflection of this group’s true ability. Perhaps it’s time to take the pressure off the players for the rest of the year and focus on getting them to enjoy playing footy again, if that’s possible. Treat the rest of the year as a long pre-season.

Now is the time the players - and our Coach - really need our support more than ever, now that mentally they have genuinely hit rock-bottom. Time for us to show our backbone once again and get behind the lads for whatever comes at us over the rest of the year.

Heppel and Hooker positive. Hurley always tries.

Kav, Stein and NOB played - as requested by many here - shown not to be up to it.

Keep playing them. Nothing to lose now. Bring in Irish for Cooney, and Browne for Gwilt