Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Anyone got any recommendations for PS4 spare parts? My bluray drive seems to have died.

Steam doing some sort of sale most of my wishlist is on the cheap!

Stuck geometry wars in the biz for the first time in 4 or 5 years. There is some bloke called rimfya on my friends list with embarrassingly high scores :smiley:

Dishonored. Must say playing as a high chaotic Assassin beats a low chaos sneak… time freezing grenades and causing them to explode in front of the enemy is awesome

Day of the Tentacle was worth the remake. Purple tentacle and Laverne don’t sound as I remembered though. Oh and the suction cup sound as they were bouncing about. Still funny.

The new God of War looks insane.

I haven’t played any of the previous ones but this new one looks like it could hook me.

Day of the Tentacle was worth the remake. Purple tentacle and Laverne don't sound as I remembered though. Oh and the suction cup sound as they were bouncing about. Still funny.

I reckon I played a version of Day of the Tentacle on PC around 98-2000. It was on PC with a bunch of other games. Maniac Mansion was of course on the C64. So there is no way I am mixing up Day of the Tentacle with Maniac Mansion as I played them on different platforms.

If anyone here enjoys Sim City, should get on Factorio

very similar, but very different

Anyone got a 980ti they wanna sell?

I’ve been warned to stay well away from Factorio.

Not because it’s bad, but because it’s addictive as fark, scales up massively and is guaranteed to destroy your life…

The amount of hours people on steam have logged playing it is scary enough.

Hi can someone help with a specs question?

NVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 4850 or better is what I need for a game, I have GE Force 560 Ti. Should my graphics card be able to run it? At the moment it does run it for a few minutes but the whole system crashes and I have to turn off and reboot.

Yes I may be years behind but little miss Ivan, now nearly 4, has developed quite the fascination with super heroes so we have been playing Lego Batman 2 together. Makes for some great co-op fun.

Hi can someone help with a specs question?

NVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 4850 or better is what I need for a game, I have GE Force 560 Ti. Should my graphics card be able to run it? At the moment it does run it for a few minutes but the whole system crashes and I have to turn off and reboot.

GPU boss website should help. But it does sound like your graphics is struggling. Could be heat, could be not enough power. Updating driver may help as well. Turn down details may help too.

Thanks, I have turned down the shadows as said on some of the community forums.

560 Ti is quite an old card though. Eight years perhaps?

I’ve been warned to stay well away from Factorio.

Not because it’s bad, but because it’s addictive as fark, scales up massively and is guaranteed to destroy your life…

The amount of hours people on steam have logged playing it is scary enough.

yeah, ive found it hard to stay attached to any one particular game as of late, but even in the past couple of weeks over the uni holidays ive put in about 20 hours, and ive barely scratched the surface, there is so much to learn and refine in this game

Pokemon Go is addictive

I might get hit by a car playing pokemon Go.

I can also imagine people thinking they are taking photos. It’ll be awkward to explain “i’m looking for pokemon, not taking photos of your kids!”

560 Ti is quite an old card though. Eight years perhaps?
Picked up my computer with that card on GF day 2011 when the Cats knocked off the mudlarks. So coming up to 5 years old. Time flew since then.