Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Only single player right? Seems such a waste. Want co- op games to play with missus

Scroll back a few pages and find my rave reviews for Portal 1 and 2. Only 2 has co-op maps but 1 is the best introduction to FPS controls with a controller for a female new to gaming. Great experience (for me and her)

Played that already. Favourite of hers is Borderlands 2

Anyone else on the battlefield 1 beta?

■■■■ this game is fun. tanks are ridiculous though.

Only single player right? Seems such a waste. Want co- op games to play with missus

Scroll back a few pages and find my rave reviews for Portal 1 and 2. Only 2 has co-op maps but 1 is the best introduction to FPS controls with a controller for a female new to gaming. Great experience (for me and her)

Played that already. Favourite of hers is Borderlands 2

Sounds like she’s pretty advanced then. Super Meat Boy is good!! I tried to play Monaco with her (it’s co-op) but we got 20 mins in, had something else we had to do then never got around to trying it again

Heard good things about it.

What are you playing on?

Anyone else reading all the comments about Ark (an early access game) releasing a DLC?

What are you playing on?

Pc but haven’t played much lately getting a horrendous memory leak.

Anyone else reading all the comments about Ark (an early access game) releasing a DLC?

Been thinking of getting it but the comments are pretty negative re the DLC. People not too happy about the pricing etc. Haven’t followed it too closely though so not sure if the comments and angst is warranted.

Been thinking of getting it but the comments are pretty negative re the DLC. People not too happy about the pricing etc. Haven’t followed it too closely though so not sure if the comments and angst is warranted.

The DLC is fine. It’s more the fact that they haven’t finished the main game but decide that a DLC is warranted. The positive reviews have plummeted from something like 70% to under 40%. Doesn’t help the developer hasn’t said anything yet.

DLC for a game in early access? Just wow. It’s hard not to be so negative about modern gaming when stuff like this is going on.

Battlefield 1 is awesome, and im really pumped for 2k17, the Prelude comes out midnight 9/9 Australia gets it first

Battlefield 1 is awesome, and im really pumped for 2k17, the Prelude comes out midnight 9/9 Australia gets it first

Oh I need to pre order now then!

So Prelude isn’t a heap of content but gives you a nice feel of what’s coming.

You can create your my player and also start earning VC points with the mynba2k17 app. I did the face scan thing using the app which then uploads to the ps4 to compile. Took me about 90 minutes to get it to work. Face scans always said they worked but then when the PS4 compiled it it said nup, not good enough. You will need lots and lots of light and probably someone to help do the scan.

Still can’t allocate stats individually but you can see the ‘caps’ each stat has now depending on what your speciality is. Height, arms width, weight options have nerfs now too which is good. Not everyone is going to be a 6’6" point guard or max center.

Your voice is the same as it was in 2k09.

As for the story you start in high school but never play a game there. You pick your college but it doesn’t make any difference who you pick. You play 4 / 5 games (depends how far you go in the finals) and the prelude ends on draft night.

I did like the intro for the first college game. The dancing looked fun. I have a feeling the game loaded quicker as well. Might not be the case once you play on NBA teams.

As for the game play itself I will say the ball feels ‘lighter’. That’s the best way I can describe it. 3 pass buttons now, normal, bounce and top.

Still some AI issues still i’m afraid. Open centre in the key decides it’s best to dish it out to the guy on the perimeter closely guarded. Fast breaks still have opposition players moving faster than anyone else. It’s a shame cause it’s been an issue for a few versions. Didn’t see any rubber banding of the ball though which was nice. I like the tussle now too when there is a loose ball.

Shooting bar is updated. It also tells you where your hot and cold spots are which is something 2k16 wanted you to study hard to figure out where your best shooting spots were. Much easier now to figure that out. Free throws also have angle now. So you can have good timing and 2 degree angle (left or right) information. Still couldn’t customise timing of shots and things like that. Probably for the full game.

There is one end game after it tells you to go out and preorder which is repeatable. I won’t spoil it cause it surprised me.

Still a great game though. Have had all versions since 2k09 so take my review with that bias in mind.

Edit: And you’re no longer called Frequency Vibrations! Still have nickname though but it’s better then Freq.

So Prelude isn't a heap of content but gives you a nice feel of what's coming.

You can create your my player and also start earning VC points with the mynba2k17 app. I did the face scan thing using the app which then uploads to the ps4 to compile. Took me about 90 minutes to get it to work. Face scans always said they worked but then when the PS4 compiled it it said nup, not good enough. You will need lots and lots of light and probably someone to help do the scan.

Still can’t allocate stats individually but you can see the ‘caps’ each stat has now depending on what your speciality is. Height, arms width, weight options have nerfs now too which is good. Not everyone is going to be a 6’6" point guard or max center.

Your voice is the same as it was in 2k09.

As for the story you start in high school but never play a game there. You pick your college but it doesn’t make any difference who you pick. You play 4 / 5 games (depends how far you go in the finals) and the prelude ends on draft night.

I did like the intro for the first college game. The dancing looked fun. I have a feeling the game loaded quicker as well. Might not be the case once you play on NBA teams.

As for the game play itself I will say the ball feels ‘lighter’. That’s the best way I can describe it. 3 pass buttons now, normal, bounce and top.

Still some AI issues still i’m afraid. Open centre in the key decides it’s best to dish it out to the guy on the perimeter closely guarded. Fast breaks still have opposition players moving faster than anyone else. It’s a shame cause it’s been an issue for a few versions. Didn’t see any rubber banding of the ball though which was nice. I like the tussle now too when there is a loose ball.

Shooting bar is updated. It also tells you where your hot and cold spots are which is something 2k16 wanted you to study hard to figure out where your best shooting spots were. Much easier now to figure that out. Free throws also have angle now. So you can have good timing and 2 degree angle (left or right) information. Still couldn’t customise timing of shots and things like that. Probably for the full game.

There is one end game after it tells you to go out and preorder which is repeatable. I won’t spoil it cause it surprised me.

Still a great game though. Have had all versions since 2k09 so take my review with that bias in mind.

Edit: And you’re no longer called Frequency Vibrations! Still have nickname though but it’s better then Freq.

I did it a second time around (created another account) and called my guy Frequency Vibrations. Lol

Weirdo! lol

Anyone play Fallout 4 on Survival mode?

Finally got into Rocket League. Lots of fun. Some super skillful players out there, I can see why people have logged hundreds of hours…

Finally got into Rocket League. Lots of fun. Some super skillful players out there, I can see why people have logged hundreds of hours...

I got mates with thousands. totally addicting game.

Getting my butt handed to me on survival mode… also stimpaks are a joke in this mode.

If there are any budding games/movie reviewers/journos here on blitz then I have a job opportunity for you.

One of my younger brothers is part of the team running www.atebit.net, a gaming/pop culture website, and they are looking for new people to review games, movies, etc. Check out their website and if you are interested reach out and let them know. They also run a podcast series if you are looking for something extra to fill up your idevice…