Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Battlefield 1: 9/10
Cod Infinate warfare beta 4/10

GOW4 is mint.

So anyone playing civilisation 6? Does it still take ages between turns on bigger maps?

Anyone played or got the ps vr?

So anyone playing civilisation 6? Does it still take ages between turns on bigger maps?

Only played on a standard map so far and the turns take a while. Much longer then V turns did anyway

Only played on a standard map so far and the turns take a while. Much longer then V turns did anyway

So the one thing that needed to be more efficient us worse… I’ve read reports to system speck make no difference… Sigh.

So after my laptop broke a few days ago I decided to just buy a new one as my laptop I only really used for downloading and a bit of streaming which it did just fine.

I do like my strategy games and such on PC which my previous laptop didn’t allow me to play (at least to a sufficient level) so after a bit of research I decided to invest in an Alienware 17 R4 laptop.

Pretty steep price but appears that it is one of the better gaming laptops on the market, at least for it’s price range.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had an Alienware laptop or could vouch for the brand? I hadn’t really heard of them before but they seem like a pretty big name in the PC arena and apparently make great stuff, just wanted to see if anyone else could share their opinion of the brand?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Alienware does good stuff but they have a huge premium on their brand as being the elite gaming laptop. You’d be better off with a “normal” brand and just get their gaming laptops.

Nintendo famicom sold out day one here in Japan.

Nintendo famicom sold out day one here in Japan.

Sounds like a contraception device. “Be safe, insert your Nintendo Famicom”

Actually, some women would consider gamers themselves as a contraception device.

Alienware does good stuff but they have a huge premium on their brand as being the elite gaming laptop. You'd be better off with a "normal" brand and just get their gaming laptops.

I got my Alienware laptop last week and I just say that’s i love it to death so far.

Well worth the money.

Question for those who may know.

If you had the choice between 4 x 8gb RAM vs 2 x 16gb which would you choose and why?

Motherboard in question would only have dual channel option not quad.

2x 16

Less components less chance of failure.

Also ram doesn’t get changed much so could add the same again in a few years if you needed too.

I love shopping for new computers :slight_smile: Going to upgrade in the next week or two.

I love shopping for new computers :) Going to upgrade in the next week or two.

I just love the first time you boot a new PC up and it’s lightning quick.

Wow BF1… that’s a seriously well made game. And sooooo good looking. Just wish I could afford a 4k monitor to play it on.

I love shopping for new computers :) Going to upgrade in the next week or two.

I just love the first time you boot a new PC up and it’s lightning quick.

I’m just waiting for the Samsung NVMe 960 pro stock to turn up then it’s all guns blazing!

Wow BF1.. that's a seriously well made game. And sooooo good looking. Just wish I could afford a 4k monitor to play it on.

Agree, one of the best games I have played on ps4 that’s for sure.

4k with a PS Pro would be unbelievable…

Wow BF1.. that's a seriously well made game. And sooooo good looking. Just wish I could afford a 4k monitor to play it on.

Agree, one of the best games I have played on ps4 that’s for sure.

4k with a PS Pro would be unbelievable…

Playing PC.

If you ever get chance to see it on PC in Ultra mode take a look.

So what’s on peoples black friday wishlist?

Pickup up civ vi from green man gaming for 44 USD and fallout 4 for 18.99 USD