Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

From the consumer point of view I totally get it. Seems a great deal.

But can MS actually sustain having people pay only $10 a month and never buying games? Netflix can’t sustain it and over the last 12 months they’ve introduced various measures to boost revenue. Limiting account sharing, increasing prices and most importantly introducing ads.

I can absolutely see a world where GamePass means you can stream all the games you want but you will be interrupted every 30 minutes for an ad. *Upgrade to premium tier and remove all ads now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here in Japan Microsoft barely exists. It’s software section for pc is bigger than xbox.

Funny you say that, cause Sony might have scored an own goal here

Here are the Bafta Games Awards winners in full - I don’t know any of these but thats not surprising ):

Best game - Vampire Survivors

Best British game - Rollerdrome

Performer in a leading role - Christopher Judge as Kratos in God of War: Ragnarok

Performer in a supporting role - Laya Deleon Hayes as Angrboða in God of War: Ragnarok

EE game of the year - God of War: Ragnarok

Narrative - Immortality

Evolving game - Final Fantasy XIV

Original property - Elden Ring

Multiplayer - Elden Ring

Debut game - Tunic

Game beyond entertainment - Endling - Extinction is Forever

Family - Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Animation - God of War: Ragnarok

Game design - Vampire Survivors

Artistic achievement - Tunic

Technical achievement - Horizon Forbidden West

Audio achievement - God of War: Ragnarok

Music - God of War: Ragnarok

Seems AFL23 is quite broken going by the tweets and coments.

1 Like

I mean, the AFL live series has generally always been a hot mess. AFL live 2004 Joe misiti had red hair and weighed something like 120 kgs.

Its the sort of game you buy when its on sale, crack open a couple of beers with mates and just laugh at how fkg stupid it is.

1 Like

Has it ever been on sale on Steam?

Most BigAnt games need several patches before being worth the cost, but geez, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a release this buggy.

Well done Ross Symons lol

The #afl23 hashtag on twitter was a great laugh after a ■■■■■■ morning at work.

1 Like

Do they not have testers before release?

I know it’s awful but in their defense…

• (Very) Small market means equally small budget
  • Unlike other games, sports games rely on releasing at the right time. It’s not feasible to have a big delay to get things right.

Even the biggest studios with the biggest budgets release stinkers (like Redfall).

You mean AFL compliance officers overlooking it?

Then it’s perfect!

Nothing will ever defeat this glitch.

Also wasnt there a cricket game that was release and then disappeared a month later?

2 Likes

What’s the highest selling AFL game? 200k? 100k? Less?

In the era of indi games, you make what you can with your budget, not try to match a huge 2k / EA game.

Gameplay before graphics. They seemed to have gone the reverse.

Did we need to budget for the coin toss or those stupid waving flags that disappear through the crowd? How about that half time graphics which for me is pretty much always a skip event.

If they came out with ‘we can’t match the EAs’ instead of ‘we reckon it’s as good as EA’ then I might feel sorry for them.

• Tears of the Kingdom Oled Switch
  • Collectors Edition of the game
  • Tears of the Kingdom Switch carrying case

Friday is going to be a bloody good day for me cant wait

5 Likes

Review embargo for TOTK is at 10pm tonight (AEST)

1 Like

Will likely drop a point or two over the next day or so but…

Playstation showcase was an absolute lemon. I still feel no urge to upgrade to a PS5.

Was cool to see Hell Divers get a big budget sequel, and to finally see Dragon’s Dogma 2 (looked like a ps4 game tho). Otherwise meh.