Gangs

http://youtu.be/lp1VuWvJIog

descus

Gangs have been around in Victoria since the 1950's, and they are often broke up according to racial lines. Most pull back and lead law abifing lives, while a small percentage go onto crime. Remember growing up in the 70's and the Skinheads were a fearful group,scattered around metro Melbourne. Lebanese gangs have been around since the late 1970's but seem to have a lower profile than their Sydney cousins. 60's was the 's was the era of the sharpies who metamorphised into the skinheads. Lots of Vietnamese gangs started in the 80's. They could be brutal but usually fought amongst themselves.

Some of the older members of BB can provide further information.

BROADY BOYZ 

BROADY BOYZ 

Fearsome. You never wanted to catch a train on the Broady line after 9pm.

I totally misread that as Melbourne Lesbo gangs...

Skinhead, skinhead, running through the night
Making lots of trouble, starting lots of fights
Skinhead, skinhead, getting really ■■■■■■
Skinhead, skinhead, tattooed on the wrist!

CRIPS 4 LYF

Gangs have been around forever. My Dad told me about the Fitzroy Push, his gang in the years before WWII.

Not ethic then, often religious based, mostly to do with economics though.

And yeh, in the 1960 and 70’s, the Broady Boys thought they were tough, but the Boys from Preston and Sunshine had their measure. I was happy to run and hide, and never get in their way.

CRIPS 4 LYF

Those guys are lethal. Not nice. Just make the fark sure you are not wearing lots of red on their turf.

I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking
Living life like a firecracker quick is my fuse
Then dead as a deathpack the colors I choose
Red or Blue, Cuz or Blood, it just don't matter
Sucker die for your life when my shotgun scatters
We gangs of L.A. will never die - just multiply

CRIPS 4 LYF

Those guys are lethal. Not nice. Just make the fark sure you are not wearing lots of red on their turf.

map.jpg

LOL

love to see one of those BOYZ isolated from their 'mates'. would be like a toddler who has lost his mum in myer

In the 80s there were real gangs.

Vic Tribe and Lebanese Tigers.

I live in the NT and in one of the local communities they are mad Christians.

The 2 gangs that live in that community are "The Judas Priests" and "the Motley Crew".   

As a uni student I lived in Brunswick, and me and a few mates copped a hiding walking back from the pub on Sydney Rd one night from a lebanese gang. Out numbered about 10 to four, one of my mates went down, and they took it in turns running past and kicking him in the head before the rest of us could get over to him. It was pretty cowardly, and it was impossible to fight any of them one-on-one without getting hit from behind. They even hit the girl who was with us at the time. Once we were able to re-group, and they couldn't snipe from behind, they ■■■■■■ off.

It's always fun to see Vietnamese lads with 3020 tattooed on their fingers. Best not to antagonise them too much.

It's always fun to see Vietnamese lads with 3020 tattooed on their fingers. Best not to antagonise them too much.

Is 3020 Springvale's postcode?

Sunshine.

Sunshine.

Springvale is a better story. Get it changed.

Why is it that the scummiest suburbs always have such cheery happy names?  Sunshine.  Springvale.  Deer Park.

We need truth-in-advertising laws for places.  Be more descriptive, dammit!  We need somewhere called Lower Scumtown.  The Pits.  Shambles.  Junkie Lurk.  Trauma....

Eddie Maguide reckons he's a Broady boy.

He's one tough dude, he had a go at Adam Goodes remember, I wouldn't have the guts to do that.