Gangs

Cambo clowns

It's always fun to see Vietnamese lads with 3020 tattooed on their fingers. Best not to antagonise them too much.

Is 3020 Springvale's postcode?

3174 was the one you had to worry about

Our glorious fuhrer Campbell Newman is building a special stalag for people who ride motorcycles in groups:

Qld anti-bikie laws include:
  • Extra powers for CMC
  • Bikie-only prison at Woodford, north of Brisbane
  • Mandatory sentences of 15 years for serious crimes committed as part of gang activity, on top of the normal penalty
  • Club office bearers will be sentenced to another 10 years in jail, and parole will only be granted if the offender cooperates with police
  • Convicted bikies subjected to strict drug tests and searches in prison
  • No gym facilities or TV access in jail
  • Phone calls in jail to be monitored, except those relating to legal reps
  • Inmates' mail opened and censored
  • Visitor contact restricted to one hour a week
  • Bikie criminals in other state prisons to be transferred to Woodford
  • Introducing a licensing regime for tattoo parlours and artists, banning bikie gang members
  • Motorcycles to be crushed as punishment for certain crimes

What's that, the LNP further destroying civil liberties? What a shock!

Our glorious fuhrer Campbell Newman is building a special stalag for people who ride motorcycles in groups:

• Extra powers for CMC
  • Mandatory sentences of 15 years for serious crimes committed as part of gang activity, on top of the normal penalty
  • Club office bearers will be sentenced to another 10 years in jail, and parole will only be granted if the offender cooperates with police
  • Introducing a licensing regime for tattoo parlours and artists, banning bikie gang members

My heart bleeds for those poor bikers.  If only the had the choice of not being violent criminal kents :rolleyes:

Skinhead, skinhead, running through the night
Making lots of trouble, starting lots of fights
Skinhead, skinhead, getting really ■■■■■■
Skinhead, skinhead, tattooed on the wrist!

SKINHEAD! SKINHEAD!
LOOKIN' FOR A STREET FIGHT!
LOOKIN' FOR A ROOT!

I really hope they're transferring them by a Vespa. I would pay to see that ■■■■.

I like how Brumby says he's never seen any gangs in broady. A bit like how I've never seen desalinated water come out of my taps.

Mara Salvatrucha

• Extra powers for CMC

• Extra powers for CMC

My heart bleeds for those poor bikers.  If only the had the choice of not being violent criminal kents :rolleyes:

Meh, looks like the usual 'Laura Norder' wannabe-Dirty-Harry ■■■■■■■■ politician stuff to me.  Lots of measures designed to make the pollies look tough, and not much that'll actually hit the bikies at all.

A lot of the 'extra punishment for members of bikie gangs' stuff will almost certainly be found unconstitutional, under freedom of association laws.  The tattoo stuff is just tokenism, even if they're locked out of tattooing, they'll end up in some other industry.  It's the gym/fitness, stripclub/brothel-keeping and security industries they really need to chase anyway, not to mention getting serious about proceeds of crime follow-up, tax audits and so on.  Tattooing is just more visible, and tattoos frighten the pensioners more.  And ffs, any bikie gang worth its salt has enough $ saved up from selling interesting pharmaceuticals to replace any number of crushed bikes with very little trouble.

Making bikie prison sentences even longer and shittier seems a bit pointless.  The bikie-only prison would be an absolute jungle after a few years, even worse than a regular one, full of blokes with nothing to live for, going nuts with boredom, no fear of further punishment (cos the worst has already happened) and completely cut off from the outside world.  You'd have a bugger of a time getting wardens to work there, and nobody going in would ever come out a functioning or repentant citizen.

• Extra powers for CMC

Today Tonight.. is that you?

• Extra powers for CMC

Ignorant idealist, yeah thats you.

• Extra powers for CMC

well no, having actually having grown up in QLD and mainly on the GC, where these rules are mostly made for,i know violent criminal bikies, and i know non violent non-criminal bikies. much to the surprise of the blue-rinse set cowering behind their TV, they exist in equal measure. 

the criminal ones deserve to be locked up, and the non-criminals will be swept up in these laws. If you think that's fine, well we disagree on what constitutes basic civil liberties in a supposedly free society.

• Extra powers for CMC

well no, having actually having grown up in QLD and mainly on the GC, where these rules are mostly made for,i know violent criminal bikies, and i know non violent non-criminal bikies. much to the surprise of the blue-rinse set cowering behind their TV, they exist in equal measure. 

the criminal ones deserve to be locked up, and the non-criminals will be swept up in these laws. If you think that's fine, well we disagree on what constitutes basic civil liberties in a supposedly free society.

Yeah, there gunna just round up everyone on a bike & lock them up forever.  You seem to be the one cowering at the fear of these laws.  How that fark can any of that effect non-criminal biker clubs or individual bikers?  The whole idea is that it makes the punishment for those who commit crimes as part of their association with criminal bikie gangs face higher sanctions.  Its not outlawing motorcycle ownership or riding.  Its giving the police more power to attack criminal gangs (which just happen to hide behind bike ridding clubs) & the criminal justice system more ways to punish crimes.  If you CHOOSE to commit crimes in connection with a criminal bikie gang then I don't give a stuff about your idea of civil liberties.  This is not now nor will it ever be a free society, we have laws & those who break them should face the loss of liberties. 

I wonder about these laws as we will never have zero tolerance in society. The Police fairly much allow some crime to exist, within their own parameters. Step outside these parameters and the police will act.

The tattoo thing is just because Campbell Newman doesn't like ink. Also, he's a ■■■■.

The tattoo thing is just because Campbell Newman doesn't like ink. Also, he's a *****.

It's the tattoos...and the swords....and the Darth Vader dolls...that make you a menace to society.

"The innocent have nothing to fear."  Translation:  Run like hell.

We had an ethnic kid in our primary school in Park Orchards.

For a bit.

He left.

• Extra powers for CMC

Yeah, there gunna just round up everyone on a bike & lock them up forever.  You seem to be the one cowering at the fear of these laws.  How that fark can any of that effect non-criminal biker clubs or individual bikers?  The whole idea is that it makes the punishment for those who commit crimes as part of their association with criminal bikie gangs face higher sanctions.  Its not outlawing motorcycle ownership or riding.  Its giving the police more power to attack criminal gangs (which just happen to hide behind bike ridding clubs) & the criminal justice system more ways to punish crimes.  If you CHOOSE to commit crimes in connection with a criminal bikie gang then I don't give a stuff about your idea of civil liberties.  This is not now nor will it ever be a free society, we have laws & those who break them should face the loss of liberties. 

Even the govt admits they are not just broad laws for only bad criminals, but a 'catch all' on anyone who rides motorcyles in groups. It's populist policy rushed through on the back of media driven public panic by a govt with such a massive majority they weren't even able to be questioned as government moves to bypass the normal committee process . No submissions to help ensure fairness. It's Bjekle-Peterson era all over again. Whilst Newman says he 'like' to see a sunset clause, so the laws are removed when they are no longer needed , criminal laws on statute are never removed. If they are the you-beaut criminal only laws just targeting only true criminals why would you need mention to remove them? isnt a crime always a crime? well as Newman knows , not when it's over-reaching and picking up more than it should.