Gather Round - General discussion

I think it has the potential to be amazing, they need to set up fan hubs with big screens and stalls and make it a festival, make a paddock similar to the way the F1 set up their teams. Sounds fun.

Pretty much.

We get to see one less game on our membership so that SA gets a bit of tourism.

WTF. Get rid of this crap

Incorrect.
This round is actually an extra round.
No team lost a home game

8 Likes

Every club except for the Adelaide teams so be given an away game throughout the where members can go to that as a replacement game

Real funny bomb doe you flog
Maybe ask those families affected by that what they think of your comments.

There is no replacement game as no one is losing anything. It’s an extra round thrown in.
We are playing 24 rounds instead of 23.
Without the gather round there would still be just the 23 rounds as per normal

Oh well thats ok then. I should try and get over to the Barossa this weekend.

2 Likes

I can’t wait. Weather aside it’s going to be an awesome weekend over here.

5 Likes

AFL media are doing their best to sell the idea whether I believe it’s crap or not.
I just hope we can beat Melbourne

1 Like

JustWatch - Streaming Search Engine for Movies and TV Shows is an excellent resource for finding this stuff out.

1 Like

I imagine the games at Norwood oval will have a ‘return to suburban footy’ vibe about it. I can get behind that.

1 Like

How often do you get a home and away crowd of 50k that are mostly theatre goers?

More appropriate to call it Nether round.

Hard to believe this place is still open. Reckon it was well over 40 years ago when I was a regular. It was a very sleazy dive then.

The Horse has been open since the late 70’s and does a decent turn over still. It’s had a few facelifts and attract some decent events but it s not my preference in town. They know their market and cater for it well

Shagga Noll did his famous “don’t you know who I am?” episode there from memory!

1 Like

There are or were much better Gentlemens establishments in Adelaide.

Absolutely there are. The Horse knows it’s clientele and sticks to it.

@dingus for sure

1 Like

we should’ve boycotted gather around until the AFL built us a roof to play under

1 Like