Gather Round

Is there anyone who has any idea what the reason is for playing all this week’s games in South Australia?

Or is it just another AFL marketing thought bubble that really is as stupid as it appears to be?

13 Likes

Because the NRL do it, and we copy all their ideas after they stole State of Origin from VFL

4 Likes

Money making mechanism for all parties.
Gives neutrals in SA a chance to see some games

4 Likes

Tassie Government should pay for this rather than have a team, or prop up Hawks/North.

Crazy Horse in Hindley street are behind it. Needed a big weekend’s takings.

5 Likes

i think it’s good for SA to have it

i hope they embrace it and make it a success

4 Likes

Im going with my mates and think it will be a fun weekend. Shame the weather looks like its gonna be shocking

2 Likes

SA has embraced it. They gave the SANFL and all country/ammo leagues the week off and marketing is everywhere around town for it. Extra flights put on and sold out, games are pretty much all sold out and accommodation booked to capacity. Community football will get some nice money from the week. Restaurants and bars will be packed despite the weather

24 Likes

Are you happy with AFL clubs using Norwoods facilities?
I guess Norwood get a kickback out of it too given oval is used?

I say we do it next year in Victoria.

2 Likes

So is it literally just a SA tourist thing?

Very happy. Norwood have scored upgraded lighting and a ton of money spent on the surface and other upgrades and I can get to enjoy the games there for free through the corporate facilities if I go

7 Likes

Bloody AFL VFL collaborators!

Imagine the meltdowns.

5 Likes

I have no idea what it is. Will be interesting how it’s received. Still, would love to be at the Adelaide Oval as big Sammy Draper goes bananas and we make Melbourne look second rate.

Where are North and Brisbane playing…“Adelaide Hills”…just in someone’s back paddock?

What sort of shape is the Adelaide Oval surface going to be in come the Collingwood vs St Kilda match on Sunday afternoon?! The 6th match there and probably in ordinary weather for much of it too.

1 Like

It’s all just entertainment for the masses. This is something different so should be sufficiently entertaining.

My Barker oval.
Temporary stands there to get capacity up to about 7k and it’s sold out

3 Likes

Yep, we were going for Easter and staying on for the week, changed our trip to May and saved enough to buy shares in a winery :grin:

7 Likes

We have the LIV golf here the week after so a huge month

3 Likes