Gavin Wanganeen

If Wanganeen stayed we win the flags in 1999 and 2001.

1 Like

and be undefeated in 2000

1 Like

Edited for accuracy

1 Like

99 yes.
2001, no chamce.

kicked the greatest point in footy history in the 93 GF running the length of the ground with a couple of hand offs. If he’d kicked the goal, it would have replaced Manassa’s goal as the most replayed.

5 Likes

He also kicked a memorable point in the 1996 prelim against the swans :frowning:

1 Like

Crawf said on the Hirdy podcast he got offered the Port captaincy and something about a McDonald’s franchise in their inaugural year. Hirdy also said Danny Corcoran tried to get him to Melbourne.

future AFLW star

5 Likes

Awwwwww.
Plum.

On Friday I was at a senior executive meeting when they mentioned a sports/community engagement committee and work my department could do with them.

They read out the names of the committee members and the very last name - Gavin Wanganeen.

I broke land speed records shooting my hand up to tell everyone in the room I was the woman to lead this very important work.

29 Likes

Cute kid, terrible name.

1 Like

Plum?

Really…oh Gav

Pretty remarkable how much love he has for the dons considering he was a captain and premiership player for port adelaide.

Broke a few hearts leaving the dons.

4 Likes

I guess Gav’s Little Jack Horner.

What a legend of Essendon.

Match-winning forehead.

** Brisbane Bears

plum?

welcome to 2020. lol

Oh, I thought that was just a nickname for a new baby.

What a ridiculous name

2 Likes

Just on Ch 7, the great Luke Darcy said a young Connor Rozee reminds him of a young Wanganeen. FFS he’s a d#ck.

When will Ch 7 realise their commentators are absolutely sh#t.

4 Likes

Rozee isn’t fit to lace Wanga’s boots! He was an out and out champion, still to this day slightly upset he left us, but can understand given he’s an SA boy and a Port kid. Underrated IMO, I’m just glad I have vivid memories of him playing for us.

1 Like