GC Review - Lets never speak of this again

We are mentally strong when the chips are down and there is a sense of urgency. We are starting games poorly, especially when we are expected to win. Its definitely a problem.

Mentally fragile probably not the way to discribe it. I’d call it Complacency.

4 Likes

Good first post.

That’s the spirit.

16 Likes

I think they turned up ready to play…but i think they thought it would be an easy coasting sort of day and they started that way.

1 Like

I said last week - I would love to see Stringer’s stats for the % of clearances he wins when he attends centre bounces. Would be over 50% I reckon which is ridiculous. So lucky to have him.

7 Likes

Parish again second least time on ground out of any of our players…
What is going on?

Thought he was a big reason why we came back in the 3rd then he sat the first half of the last qtr on the bench…

Just want the kid to be unleashed

3 Likes

Dingus confirmed as nothing.

2 Likes

You can thank the selection committee as well. Go up against one of the tallest forward lines in the league and leave our single tallest KPP at home. Hartley after last week should have been an automatic inclusion tonight.

32 Likes

I think our mids and runners are just fitter- it would explain why we always win it coming from behind in the last.

I was worried that we were peaking early.

Thank god they put that to bed

5 Likes

Nearly beaten by a coaches box that spend more time playing Xbox and eating KFC buckets of Chicken than actually coaching.

11 Likes

Good teams just routinely beat the worst side in the comp without making too much drama about it. Before today we’ve lost to the spoon side 4 out of the past 5 years, and we came within a poofteenth of making it 5 from 6 today.

8 Likes

The AFL are so pissweak, they can’t even do corruption properly. We got the 4 points.

If the afl were anything like Italian football, Suns win by 5 goals.

8 Likes

Traditional old fashioned review

Happy with the four points
Unhappy with the umpiring

Nothing more to say.

4 Likes

@theDJR Hope the hot chips were better than our handballing in this game.

1 Like

Gave the cobra and a punch to the knee when Hooker kicked that last goal in pure relief, guy is clutch.

You take the positives and move on from what was a predictable trainwreck.

The x-factors got us home. Stringer, McKernan, Brown. We had no right to win that game but thankfully did.

2 Likes

In light of all our injuries and McKenna missing as well today, plus some horrific umpiring, I will gladly take the win.

This performance was bound to happen and many of us predicted it beforehand. Therefore a win is more than welcome.

12 Likes

Two in a row on the road!!

Woo hoo.

Guys? Guys?

5 Likes

Happy clapper

1 Like

Are they not passionate enough?
I hated losing as a player and even if we were getting trounced I would try to atleast beat my direct opponent and do everything possible to get the choccies. I played a stack of footy and never once thought about taking it easy, rain, hail or shine. I just can’t fathom how you don’t mentally switch on to play football

3 Likes

Hooker and Zaka were clearly not happy at the end of the game.