George Michael dead at 53

I do remember that sketch on The Man Show where Adam Carolla was doing a bus-stop tour of Hollywood.

I feel anger when I hear it. That counts?

There’s a Ben Folds and Rufus Wainright version of it that may change your mind. Or it may not.

I feel anger when I hear it. That counts?

There’s a Ben Folds and Rufus Wainright version of it that may change your mind. Or it may not.

As an ex-woodwind player, I do like the saxophone part, though it has not made the ipod.
This is a nice version.

This is getting ridiculous.

Good mate from all the way back to junior footy days dropped dead of a heart attack last week at 52. GM just shuffled off at 53 … scary stuff.

The GM + Queen live version of Somebody To Love is better than the original. Sorry #ripfreddy

The GM + Queen live version of Somebody To Love is better than the original. Sorry #ripfreddy
Sorry...I'd have to strongly disagree with you on that point...the original Queen version is far superior.

Can’t say he’s on my ipod, but you have to respect his talent.

had a very amusing cameo on extras.
Rip

RIP George. :’(

Heaven’s Choir really gonna be somethin with all the great voices that have joined this year.

Sorry...I'd have to strongly disagree with you on that point...the original Queen version is far superior.
Far superior if G Michael hadn't recorded his version.
Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree

The thing he doesn’t get credit for, although he probably will now that his career gets re-evaluated, is that he re-invented himself four or five times.
The original incarnation of Wham was pretty much a novelty act.
Then he turned that into a massive boy band.
Then he became a sex symbol solo artist with Faith.
Then he did the serious song-writer stuff on Listen Without Prejudice.
Then he did the arena stuff with Elton John and Queen which made people go, ‘■■■■■■ hell, he’s actually an amazing singer.’
Then he did the disco/club stuff.

And he’s done at 53, and he was crook for the last…what, four or five years?
It’s quite a career.

I hated WHAM!. Everything they stood for. WHAM! was the antithesis of what I was listening to at the time. I hated G Michael’s luxurious hair and A Ridgley’s bulging eyes. Style Council were singing about discrimination against the working class and WHAM! were front and centre at the Royal Variety Shows. But as I got older I came to appreciate the skill of songwriting and those who could do it. Still didn’t buy any of his albums but didn’t switch him off when he was on the radio. Knew he was a fine singer (kept it to myself) for a while but when I heard him sing Somebody to Love I came out as a fan.

Seems he was also a very generous man

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree

I loved his duet with Elton on ‘Don’t let the Sun’

I get a bit emotional when Elton wanders out half way through

Seems he was also a very generous man

http://www.dailyedge.ie/george-michael-2-3160298-Dec2016/

I love reading stuff like this.
Imagine the difference he made to those lives at those moments ?
I thought he always came across as a pretty decent bloke in the media.
Stories like this just confirm it.

I get a bit emotional when Elton wanders out half way through
Was it you that got bit teary at the end of Titanic?

My favourite GM song…

Apart from Don’t Let the Sun and Somebody to Love, I really liked…