Pell and other allegations

You’ll never find much sympathy for Pell, right or wrong, because of his milk toast response to abuse throughout the decades.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything about sympathy, I said due process.

1 Like

I desperately want him to get full due process and am worried that the reaction to this (as it is a huge talking point) could stop that.

His lawyers have already applied for a suppression order on the amount of victims and amount of charges.

Judge has granted an interim stay, in lieu of a full suppression order hearing on July 6th.

I have heard countless stories of the blackmailing, emotional and psychological abuse, and threats from the whole catholic community towards people that have spoken up about this. Even directed at family members.

Yes, there a some people that are members of the Catholic Church that have condemned this behaviour. But there are many people that have had their head between their a*se, and pathetically targeted the abused victims to protect their faith.

It’s a wicked organisation. That has created a mob mentality against anyone speaking ill of the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Yes it is

Money Religion is the root of all evil.

2 Likes

George Pell is never leaving The Vatican again Tim.

1 Like

I hope they due process the ■■■■ out of him.

Innocent until guilty for touching kids, yes. But by his own admission he is already guilty of fostering abuse in the Catholic Church. He knew it was going on and he helped cover it up.

For that alone, he can die in prison.

No it’s not. People are.

2 Likes

It was pretty common knowledge around Ballarat behind closed doors and in hushed quiet tones.

I agree “rock spiders” can be very charismatic and great body readers. They are able to fit in easily and gain the trust of adults and children. Then, abuse the children right under their parents noses. I worked with many sex offenders in jails in Central Victoria, they call paedophiles rock spiders because they blend in so well, you can hardly detect them. Unless you know what you are looking for, you can’t see what you are looking at. Even more so, if the person has unaddressed abuse issues themselves.

If the seniors in the church at Ballarat didn’t have evidence, there was enough going on to make them wonder. If the church had no idea at all, why did they keep shifting priests who had been complained about around to other parishes which did not solve the problem for the abused person. It simply shifted the problem elsewhere, for the church, out of eye sight out of mind. Then, it became another town’s problem. And; it wasn’t only the Catholic Church, many Protestant churches and other denominations and religious orders had the same problem happening and it was rampant in many boys and girls homes. (edited by mdso)

8 Likes

Is that just a poor choice of words?

Let’s include some Jewish sects here, too…and the Church of England.

If anything, the Jewish ones in Melbourne are far worse than the Catholics.

1 Like

Accused p*ssing off to Israel and hiding behind it’s court system must be stopped. And those who remain here who assist them need to also be prosecuted.

100% agree. It’s a massive problem.

He’s engaged Richter, and he’s already indicated that he’ll argue about his ability to get a fair trial.

There wouldn’t be a person in Victoria who doesn’t have some sort of view or bias about his guilt and he hasn’t even been committed for trial yet. Huge huge problem.

I reckon IT, when they put the scum in Barwon, he will get his due process.

I am available as a Juror. I will bring my own rope.

2 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

Australia has no extradition treaty with Vatican City. I’d be surprised if Pell makes it back to Australia.

1 Like

■■■■ that! This dog has been covering up and sexual abuse for over 40 years. So many lives have been ruined because of this scum bag. I hope he rots in a jail cell