Pell and other allegations

Pell threw Mulkearns under a bus today.
Quite remarkable.

Pell threw Mulkearns under a bus today. Quite remarkable.

I’m going to pretend that you mean that literally, just because

Had a touch of the Andruskas today did old George.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/royal-commission-former-ballarat-bishop-ronald-mulkearns-appears/7198260
"Former Catholic bishop Ronald Mulkearns has told a royal commission he is not sure if he knew child abuse was a crime during his time in charge of the Ballarat diocese, but he knew it was wrong."

Fair dinkum, just don’t know what to say. Jesus fark, there is no excuse for these ■■■■■.

It will a crime to kick that ■■■■ to death, but there will be nothing wrong about it.

To be fair to him, child abuse wasn’t considered a crime for a long time and he was around for that time. In those days people very, very rarely reported child abuse to the police and very rarely did the police do anything about it when they did. So his answer is reasonable in that he did not know it was a crime but he did acknowledge that it was morally wrong and he didn’t do anything about it that was meaningful.

Took guts to admit it tbh and he should be praised for admitting it when Pell keeps trying to hide from it.

Just browsing the threads and came across this notion of yours that child sexual abuse was shoved under the carpet in the olden days. A bit of twaddle I think. There have been age of consent laws for many generations, and that’s primarily for heterosexual abuse, as any kind of buggery has been unlawful even further back in time. Fairness does not come into the argument. Any cover up is unlawful, if it is unlawful to not report a crime.

For good or for ill, the church follows the patterns of the society in which it lives." - George #Pell to Royal Commission.

Hmmm, so apparently men cant get married, women cant hold positions of authority and kids are just fair game. Ahh society, i thought i knew ye!

For good or for ill, the church follows the patterns of the society in which it lives." - George #Pell to Royal Commission.

Hmmm, so apparently men cant get married, women cant hold positions of authority and kids are just fair game. Ahh society, i thought i knew ye!

And you hide people who bugger children, which society is that again?

And you hide people who bugger children, which society is that again?

Most Catholic ones, allegedly.

Bombshell in todays hearing when Pell says of Rissdale’s offending, “It’s a sad story and it wasn’t of much interest to me.” Which pretty well summarises the position of the RCC on this issue.

Wasn’t it? I’m pretty sure when he was hammered for supporting Ridsdale at court he said something like he counted the bloke a personal friend. He’d certainly known him for many, many years.

You wouldn’t buy a car off Pell, he’s shifty as.

Wasn't it? I'm pretty sure when he was hammered for supporting Ridsdale at court he said something like he counted the bloke a personal friend. He'd certainly known him for many, many years.

You wouldn’t buy a car off Pell, he’s shifty as.

It’d be one of those Yank tanks from the 50s. All his other views stopped evolving in the 50s.

Amazing how Pell can’t remember details or events that make him look guilty, but has incredible recall on things that assert his claim to exoneration.

Guy’s as guilty as sin Gillon … IMO

George Pell OR George Costanza?

It’s the same stuff he’s always done. “It wasn’t me.” “I wasn’t there.” I didn’t hear that." “I don’t remember.” all the while staring stone faced into victim’s eyes. Guy is totally unaccountable despite having his nose in everything at the decision making level while these lecherous freaks were being concealed. Could not give the slightest care that it all happened. All the devil’s fault.

Trying to remember names of who I knew, worked with, drank with, partied with, heard rumours about and other things that happened in the 70s when I got out of the army. It’s hard going, I’ve forgotten quite a lot.
Maybe I did something or heard of someone who did something that I, he/she should/could be ashamed of but for the life of me I can’t remember.

Trying to remember names of who I knew, worked with, drank with, partied with, heard rumours about and other things that happened in the 70s when I got out of the army. It's hard going, I've forgotten quite a lot. Maybe I did something or heard of someone who did something that I, he/she should/could be ashamed of but for the life of me I can't remember.

I think you’d remember tales of kiddy fiddling.

Trying to remember names of who I knew, worked with, drank with, partied with, heard rumours about and other things that happened in the 70s when I got out of the army. It's hard going, I've forgotten quite a lot. Maybe I did something or heard of someone who did something that I, he/she should/could be ashamed of but for the life of me I can't remember.

That would certainly be the case for most people who were partying, but you would definitely remember incidences that happen in your work place. I can still name most of the sorded stories that have happened around me since my first job at Coles way back when, from the manager busted in the lift getting a kneel down job from one of the girls, to the couple who made sure they did it on every possible surface they could find, to the theft of pay and the threats of violence.

Now imagine if someone told me a rumour about peodophile behaviour, not just once but numurous times, and imagine I was in a position where I knew the person closely and imagine I was an editor of the local rag for my community. I dare say he heard lots of those stories and I dare say he admitted as such today. His reponse though shows an unbelievable level of calousness and lack of moral standards, two things a priest in a religious order where the one person you look up to is a Man who declared “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea”.

This man, Pell, has failed miserably: he has failed himself, he has failed his flock, he has failed the most vulnerable and he has failed his God, the One who literaly died for him. Everything he supposedly stands for has been shown to be lies of the highest point.

This must be difficult and gut-wretching for those who have suffered. To be told that “I heard the stuff but I just didn’t care at all, no interest whatsoever…oh and do you want some money? Good take it and go away”.

I think you’d remember tales of kiddy fiddling.

Yep. as in, repeated covering up of it. Almost like a lot of effort was gone into to conceal such a terrible thing. I think you’d probably remember that.

Was that peddo priest’s name Gerald Rimsdale? Or did I mishear that

Was that peddo priest's name Gerald Rimsdale? Or did I mishear that

You misheard.
But that’s a classic.

Hmmm … might be a touch close to the bone …?