Pell and other allegations

I have despised Pell for longer than some of you have been alive, and longer than most others would have known about him.

But some of the remarks here are OTT.

Let him be dealt with by the judicial system.

And I hope for once the prosecutor will ask him:

1. if he believes in Jesus’ teachings;

and if so then:

1. why he did not follow this one:

“It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.” [i.e. children]

That is, Jesus, recognised by millions as at least a peace-loving turn-the-other cheek person, said that paedophiles should get capital punishment. It is amazing that these bible-bashers would have known about his teaching yet either acted AGAINST it or turned a blind eye and thereby aided and abetted it,

This is the point of the matter with which they should skewer him.

4 Likes

Nice to see so many people here see it for what it is. Thanks, HAP.

As a matter of fact, E12’s ways are water off a duck’s for me, as like Wimm said to him earlier; “You’d be surprised how little people care about convincing you on this”, and I’m not here to convince anyone, that’s not why I posted on this subject, I posted just to add a bit more information as to what happened in the dim dark past. Whether someone believes me or not is up to them, and I’m not a liar.

Part of the evil of the church’s attitude to abuse victims is the psychological nature of their attitude. Their faith is betrayed by the very people who are in place to foster that faith, and who are they supposed to turn to after they’ve been abused…??..to the very people who abused them. It’s a horrific scenario for these shattered people.
They experience E12’s attitude but on a grand scale, and these people are the ones who are the least equipped to handle that.
They get smashed by the machine, and the institution that is supposedly built on love and caring are the ones who do the very least of that.

The abuse isn’t only sexual, during the abuse psychological techniques are applied which haunt the victims for the rest of their lives.

2 Likes

There are different types of sociopaths out there. The type that molest children are particularly… well, there aren’t words that do it justice. One thing they all have in common is that they all gravitate to the places where they can exploit whoever their choice of victim is most easily exploited. That’s what this is when you pare it all back. These loathsome individuals have hidden within a matrix of confusing belief systems and social pressures. The perfect hiding place. Almost.

Ok, was wondering why there were 83 new post in this thread and then started to read back. It really goes to show that some people are so indoctrinated into going in to bat for their ‘team’ that they truly can ignore everything that doesn’t suit their agenda. It’s almost like Trip is the null hypothesis on anything decent actually existing.

As Albert said, the Pell criminal charges will go through a judicial process.
Whatever the outcome, he stands condemned for his lack of empathy, the design of the Melbourne Response aimed at minimising legal liability ( drawn up by a Jeff cult of Hird Gleeson ) and the fact that he didn’t care to look into widespread abuse when it was well known in the wider community. He relied on the victims and their families being powerless to be heard, including the orphans who would run away only to get sent back by the cops… That does not sit well with his statements that he finds sexual abuse abhorrent.

3 Likes

Oh good, I’m not the only one who came to that conclusion

1 Like

It’s broken Miranda Devine. Apparently the charges are a cover up of our states ‘crimewave’.

[quote=“RedandBlackPartisan, post:376, topic:3069, full:true”]
As some may know, it’s not up to witnesses or those who know victims or witnesses of sexual assault to convince others of the victims’ claims. It’s up to the victims themselves. Witnesses may try and convince victims to speak up about the abuse they suffered, but sexual abuse crimes can be very difficult to deal with.

Victims need to summon up the courage to speak out. However, for various reasons this may be impossible, especially when, for example, there is a huge organisation to battle against.
This organisation is not only massive and wealthy, but they are also experts in mind control and intimidation.

Some victims would rather not deal with it on an official level, yet among friends and confidants they do feel free to get it off their chest so at least it’s not playing solely on their minds.[/quote]
It’s also quite difficult for some of them to come forward when they’ve taken their own lives.

3 Likes

Pelly.

1 Like

I love how she thinks child molestation isn’t a crime but theft is.

Riiiight…

Wonder if he’s always found sexual abuse of children ‘abhorrent’ ?

I can’t believe i am going to say this, but i 100% agree with you AT. These people claim to be Christian yet live their lives in total opposition to what Jesus taught.

Tories are tories, the world over

Always the most deviant, and fine with covering it up.

2 Likes

Shut up BDS, that is disgusting. I don’t and i never would and neither would any of my friends.

2 Likes

How does that harpie sleep at night?

If only it were possible for the entire police force to focus on more than one thing at a time.

1 Like

You’re very simple so I will try and explain simply.

The comparison is between assuming guilt before innocence.
The comparison is not between the two offences.

Its sad that this needs to be explained.

Yep, something about this conversation is most definitely sad.

1 Like

You are an utter imbecile and why you are still allowed to post on this forum beggars belief.

Its called due process. Innocent until proven guilty. You know all that legal stuff.

Hard for you to fathom I guess.