Pell and other allegations

That is a horrible thing to say to a parent whose child had been abused, where the parents did not listen. You have no idea of the circumstances involved. They will live with that guilt for the rest of their lives.

The church can be all powerful for people in these situations, I mean they claim to be gods representatives on earth. If you believe in that and have been indoctrinated it is pretty hard to go against. There has been a massive worldwide cover up of this abuse in the church. You think stronger parents could have modified or lessened the behavior. F#/K THAT!!! DON’T TOUCH AND ABUSE LITTLE KIDS. END OF STORY.

1 Like

You’ve constructed a well thought out and argued post which is fairly much on the money. It still shows a lack of faith and trust by parents in their children which is disappointing. There is a big difference between a teacher/brother/priest chsstising a student and sexually assaulting a student.

What happened after the abuse and then cover up is endemic within that system is unsurprising, and separate to parents believing and trusting their childten. Some parents need to acknowledge they were part of the problem.

The kids of the time may as well have told their parents they were felt up by gay communists from outer space. Would have been just as plausible in their parent’s minds.

You know what, I’m clearly not capable of explaining just how stupid an opinion this is so I’m just going to move on.

2 Likes

More attempts please.

I generally thought the usual victims were the vulnerable ones…the kids from broken homes, single parents etc, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be always that way, as instanced by the two daughters of the advocate who died recently.

I remember talking about it at our reunion in 2000 and no-one had been conscious of any instances, but of course, any molested kids wouldn’t have felt like coming to a school reunion. And a lot of our parents were on parents’ committees or had mums who worked in the tuck shop once a week, and you’d be careful mucking around with their kids.

can you believe the nerve of the catholic church, claiming that they will not obey the law in regards to passing on info from confessionals where sexual abuse claims are made because they answer to a “higher power”. fmd.

substitute catholic church for islam, and higher power for sharia law and there would be riots.

Do you have to obstruct a specific instance of “justice” to be charged with perverting the course of justice?

1 Like

Not quite the right thread, but I just read an article today about the abuse Risdale inflicted on children.

There needs to be a hell, so that this type of vermin can suffer for eternity.

1 Like

Sadly this backs up my assertion that some parents failed their children.

Same sort of thing happens in a lot of other cults as well.

1 Like

Absolutely true. It happens in all religions to a certain extent.

l read that article yesterday. He has also confessed to more sexual assaults, than originally charged. The father also has a serious case to answer for. l wonder what he has to say about Pell. Will be called as a witness for the defence?

Blind faith is rarely a good thing.

1 Like

I’ll bite.

Deckham, is your faith in Essendon blind?

1 Like

If you have a chat to old folks in Ballarat, they can share things that would almost make a non-violent person
revengeful. And; it was common knowledge in the town. No secrets, people tried to engage with the Church who
refused to engage about the matter. So, in the end some families moved away hoping their next church school
would be different. Often it wasn’t.

Terrible thing shame and to have to live with the secret and pretend it never happened.

3 Likes

I have faith in nothing.

1 Like

I believe that children are our future.

1 Like
2 Likes

Shocking and despicable stuff, who the hell do they think they are?

This cult of peadophiles need to be burnt down to the ground. Vile, sickening stuff.

1 Like

what a farking joke. where’s the public outrage over them STILL not wanting to report these despicable acts in confessionals. burn it all.

4 Likes