Pell and other allegations

Is there something wrong with you ? - Bacchus was responding to my post in which I claimed institutional abuse by the church was aided and abetted by some parents - Hence the power of religion.

So are you saying that one or both of the victims of whom you speak were buggered by George Pell? If so, has the offence been reported? Has Pell been charged with it?

If you were really a lawyer you would know the answer.

I am really a lawyer and your last response to me implied that the answer to my question was yes, but did not say so explicitly. You’ve criticised me for twisting words, and now it’s time for you to be direct. Are you saying that you have been directly told by one or two individuals that they were buggered by George Pell?

Just a word of caution, whatever is posted on social media has the same legal consequences as reporting in MSM.
Broken Rites site includes a lot of information.

Or for you to know and for him to find out through his own sorces.

1 Like

Another scumbag done.

Disgusting he hasn’t even stood down or, been forced to yet.

What a great organisation the church is.

3 Likes

dw just gotta go talk to your mate and you’re absolved of everything. amen

3 Likes

The Catholic Church has done more to kill Christianity, than any entity opposing ever could.

6 Likes

Not apologising for him but to bear in mind that he was not an Archbishop at that time and was subject to what has been termed as the feudal system of Diocesan heirarchy . As Pell said during his time there were rumours in Ballarat. He did not follow through with them, despite his upcoming position of power.

Not sure if it’s satire. Probably not the way the church is.

https://twitter.com/luciemorrismarr/status/999553597565120512

1 Like

He is the real victim. Praise be.

1 Like

edit: may not have been in the good taste,
In fact, it wasn’t.

Wow.

1 Like

He doesn’t say that. The letter says that arrangements are being made for his duties to be performed by others, and he asks people to pray for him.

He doesn’t admit guilt or say he’s sorry because he denies that he’s guilty.

That letter will absolutely be genuine. It’s the way they think. You need to pray for him, not for the victims.

Many moons ago I was once asked to pray for a priest who was facing court on child abuse charges. The request was; “Can you please pray for Father Bill Baker in his time of need”.

Needless to say I didn’t, and he was duly convicted. (Probably my fault)

4 Likes

This. So much this.

1 Like

There’s an article in today’s Age about the unsolved murder of Maria James 38 years ago.

It’s long been suspected that she was murdered by a now-deceased priest, Fr Bongiorno, whom she was meeting. Anyhow, back to the main point…it was claimed that Fr Bongiorno was involved in a paedo cult of whom one member was another deceased priest, Fr Tom O’Keeffe.

This Fr O’Keeffe was a curate at West St Kilda where I performed my duties as an altar boy in the mid 60’s. Strange character, who called in my Dad to complain that I didn’t show him the respect he was due (can anyone imagine me showing anybody respect?). He also tried to get me to “be a man” and start smoking, which the old man objected to strenuously.

Anyway, that bullet dodged, and I never trusted him anyway…fark Carlton supporter!

This is the first confirmed paedo I ever was involved with. My folks always used to talk about the time I went outside and peed on the priest’s car tyres (bit of a dearth of dunnies in that tiny church). Can’t remember if it was his.

4 Likes

So very little changes.

Well first you arrest the archbishop for attempting to pervert the course of justice, and incitement if possible. And you go from there. Also any bloke in a frock who protects kiddie fiddling by not reporting what they hear should join the fiddler in prison for aiding and abetting.

8 Likes