Pell and other allegations

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

stay tuned …

1 Like

Has there been a trial in secret?

Talk online that there is a verdict but it can’t be reported.

According to this site :

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/cardinal-pell-found-guilty-on-all-counts-of-sex-abuse

by Christine Niles, M.St. (Oxon.), J.D. • ChurchMilitant.com • December 11, 2018 27 Comments
Jury returns guilty verdict after three days of deliberation

SYDNEY, Australia (ChurchMilitant.com) - A jury has found Cdl. George Pell guilty on all counts related to sexually abusing two altar boys.

According to sources who spoke to The Daily Beast, a jury returned a unanimous verdict Tuesday against the Australian cardinal after three days of deliberation. Further details are unavailable as the court has issued a suppression order to Australian media to “prevent a real and substantial risk of prejudice to the proper administration of justice.”

A previous trial resulted in a hung jury.

Pell had been accused of molesting two altar boys during a swimming trip in the 1990s, when he was bishop in Ballarat, a town northwest of Melbourne. Pell has vigorously denied the allegations, and his attorney, Robert Richter, said in 2017 that there is “voluminous” evidence to show that “what was alleged is impossible.”

Pell has vigorously denied the allegations.
Although multiple accusations were levelled at the cardinal initially, the court threw out most of them.

Pell was named the Vatican’s Secretariat for the Economy in 2014, making him the third highest-ranking cleric in Rome. He was brought in ostensibly to clean up Vatican finances, exercising oversight over Vatican properties and personnel.

His proposed reforms, however, which included demands for greater transparency, met with resistance. According to Vatican expert Edward Pentin, the “Old Guard” resisted reform out of fears it would reveal their corruption.

Pope Francis restricted Pell’s powers without notice in a motu proprio he issued in 2016. And a financial audit by the firm PricewaterhouseCoopers was cut short by the Secretary of State after only four months.

One source who spoke with Pentin complained that the reforms were “dead, over, finished, they’ve been blocked.”

“The corruption continues; it’s just better concealed,” the inside source added, saying Vatican finances had returned to being as bad as they were before Pell’s reforms, and possibly worse.

Libero Milone, the Vatican’s auditor general, initially put in place to implement reforms, was fired in 2017, the Vatican accusing him of “spying” on officials. Milone, however, claims it was the other way around: The Vatican was spying on him, and he was fired because he had discovered financial irregularities that threatened Vatican officials.

One week later, Pell also left the Vatican, granted permission by Pope Francis to stand trial in Australian court over charges of “historical sexual offenses.”

“All along I have been completely consistent and clear in my total rejection of these allegations,” Pell said at the time. “News of these charges strengthens my resolve and court proceedings now offer me an opportunity to clear my name and then return here back to Rome to work.”

Some have called out the pope for an apparent double standard: In September he had refused to allow Cdl. Luis Ladaria Ferrer, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, to stand trial for allegations of sex abuse cover-up, citing sovereign immunity.

What a disgrace.

1 Like

It’s fantastic news.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the inevitable defense from his and the churchs supporters comparing this to the Spanish Inquisition. The irony would be delicious.

2 Likes

theres still the trial of him covering up others to come.

The prosecution have requested the supression order, so as not to prejudice the other trial.
It would be terrible if that were thrown out.

4 Likes

Yep. Best that everyone shut the fark up. @DJR @Riolio other mods time to nuke / lock this bad boy, esp if it’s hosted in Aus

1 Like

The telegraph might be putting pay to that with their front page

It was “out there” long before posted here.

Just pull the thread.

It’s a question about whether the site is hosted in Aus. If it’s not go for your life.

tomorro off shorin til the early morning.

hello my name is ___ from ____.

I wouldn’t discuss it in this thread, but any links to an external site, is fair game, and completely legal.

1 Like

Yep

I think google george pell is enough.
and there ain’t nothing illegal about that.

however is google.com.au hosted here?

its search metadata which is meets the definition of published tells you enough.

you cant pull every forum of public opinion in australia based on the risk of a supression order.

ridiculous.

It’s more that they do enough so the defence can’t run a tainted jury line in future trails.

The orders will be lifted once all trails are done.

true. it’s just an observation.

they would be better putting a total media ban on all those in the court room for the trials duration and let the world just go to town

which it does anyway.