Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

Did you actually read the article, and read what PADDY said?

Or are you putting sensationalist journo words and hyperbole into his mouth too?

I remember when I first read that, and it had the same effect then as I re read it.

I understood,… and wished him well.

What a fking thing to have to go through. How would you like to?

2 Likes

I’m with BSD… what did Ryder actually say that was so bad?
I reckon people are still just ■■■■■■ that it got brought up in the week of a final. In reality he didn’t say anything worse than anyone else who left.
Carlisle clearly left in a less classy way if you’re going just on what they said. But I guess people are less worried re him because we didn’t have finals to worry about and we got a better trade

Well, there’s one thing we can all agree on:
farkport

4 Likes

You’re right there, but we still had supposed “Drug Cheats” playing, and like the year before, the AFL would not want us to / let us play finals.

1 Like

If you meet the critria fair ennough, but why did Gus have to wait until he retired? If he met the criteria he would have met it when he finished his rep…

I suggest that if 150 games/10 years is the criteria then another criteria should be should not be playing for another club, If you get 150 games and decide to go to another club, your life membership will be awarded when you finish playing. I suggest that it is conflicting for a player playing for another club to accept life membership at a club he (or eventually she) now plays against. Once they retire such conflict no longer exists.

6 Likes

Go have a look at the first press conference he did as a port player

No he doesn’t!
I’m sure that criteria doesn’t include being a lying prick ignoring contractual obligations and using emotional leverage to achieve selfish gains. And don’t wave that long suffering saga flag at me, he wasn’t the only one who suffered through the saga. For mine, he can GAGF.
And before all the PC luvvies get their knickers in a knot it has nothing to do with racism.
I booed, and will continue to boo the prick.
Reading back I see excuses for ryder, He was manipulated by managers afl wife etc. Poor thing. Hasn’t got a mind of his own.
F off.
Boo.

8 Likes

Whatever that is, it would be after he left… so not relevant to the point about the “way” he left, etc.

‘deliberately obtuse’

Why would he have had to address it “after” he left if he didn’t mention it while he was leaving?

Only if there is a character clause in the criteria. If it says ‘has played 150 games for the club’ then he meets it full stop. Personally if it dosen’t already I think it should say 'has played 150 games for the club, is still with the club, or has retired after playing elsewhere. Is of good character generally and in good standing with the club.

1 Like

He’d immediately improve our midfield as no.1 ruck.

What ■■■■■■ me off is that port got him on the pretense that he would be another key forward. Of course we all knew that was a pipe dream because he is a ruck.

Once they realised this they went and got Dixon and have now cleared lobbe. These farkers screwed us sideways for something they weren’t actually getting and then landed on their feet with an AA ruckman once they woke up to it. Farkers.

It’s funny how so many at the time were saying he was exactly what Port needed because he’d give them another big forward and he could pinch hit in the ruck. It was so ■■■■■■■ obvious that role doesn’t suit him and they couldn’t play him and Lobbe together

1 Like

Why bring this up?

11 Likes

Hang on! I just need to go grab a knitting needle so I can open this wound up again.

9 Likes

I reckon Lobbe knew what was coming…

Probably had a quiet celebratory drink when the suspensions got handed down.

Ryder was the difference in Port winning a premiership… remember.

Not even the best ruckman in Adelaide.

1 Like

“It’s not Dempsey it’s Ryderrr!” - Basil Zempilas.

1 Like

Was actually a bit rubbish for quite a while, prefer to remember him that way.

1 Like