Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

Fark Ryder!

5 Likes

while we are at it, i wish we still had ryder, carlisle, hibberd, and melksham.

there is the distinct possibility that every player bar zach that we have gotten out of the players leaving turn out to be 100% busts.

yeah that ryder post really opened up an old wound.

Ryder would be AA form, Carlisle would turn our defence into a weapon, Hibberd would ensure Baguelys retirement/ form slump doesnt leave a hole, and Melksham would thrive being the sole hard nut midfielder as he did in the back end of 2014(?).

Fk me what a disaster

3 Likes

Yeah, nah.

They will regret leaving Essendon.

1 Like

Yepā€¦had this conversation a few days agoā€¦what a footy team we would be!

1 Like

utterly depressing

Yes but we did so much #winning with our draft picks

1 Like

At least he got what he wanted to leave Essendon - to be closer to his wifeā€™s family in Queensland.

13 Likes

Our midfield would still be no good (Note, that iā€™m lid off about the potential of our midfield but I donā€™t think it will really click til next season)

Remember when Wanganeen left?

That sucked.

9 Likes

Meh,
Turns 30 next week.
Nice soft hands in the ruck, but doesnā€™t have the stomach to drag his side over the line in big matches.

Happy to meander around the ground picking up his 13 possies and the occasional speckie.
Isnā€™t anywhere near as good as he should be, and never will.

I donā€™t miss him at all.
Fk him and especially fk Port !

12 Likes

our midfield was never that great, but our above average tall defenders and exceptional rebound made up for it

Sammy Draper gonna make you all wonder why you ever gave a moments thought to wanting this clown back.

5 Likes

except anzac day 2009

Yes. But then also no. I found him a frustrating player for us. He had all the tools to dominate a game, and the league. That leap, combined with his mobility made him a potent weapon. Could have been a superstar. But we never got the best from him game in game out. He may well have continued like that at Essendon. The move to be with family (sarcasm) led him at Port Adelaide and heā€™s become a consistent player.

Plus itā€™s swings and roundabouts - we got the three Ss and hopefully weā€™ll see Western Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast supporters bemoaning these departures in a few years.

2 Likes

1 out of 223 games.

How did he go in the return bout later that year ?

I wouldnā€™t write off Begley just yet, or Langford if he was played in his best position.

And Hardwick.

4 Likes

bold sarcastica

Buggerrrrr off Judasā€¦hope ya legs drop off.

3 Likes

Farking Gillon that misleading and deceptive ā– ā– ā– ā–