Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

I actually get really ■■■■■■ off when, after every time we play Port here, the media comment on how wrong it is for Ryder to get booed.

How easily they forget (or choose to ignore) the absolute crap he did to the club. Can’t stand the prick - glad he’s ending his career with that ■■■■ hole Port.

7 Likes

After another front loaded contract! Which he wont see out!

1 Like

Anyone that thinks Ryder did anything wrong by wanting to leave following what the club put him through are complete idiots.

It’s not the what, it’s the how.

9 Likes

We dont even know the full circumstances. You’re relying on a few media reports. Get over yourselves.

1 Like

Cool your jets, judas lover.

22 Likes

So Ryder (through his manager) didn’t announce he was leaving the club on the eve of our final series?

And what did we get in return for one of our best players? First round draft pick? No? Oh that’s right, we were forced to trade Ryder, regardless of getting massively screwed in the deal because Ryder was going sue us for breach of duty of care just to get his way. Even Carlisle didn’t do that to us.

Wasn’t his contract front loaded with us? And didn’t he choose to leave after that portion was completed?? Scumbag.

14 Likes

IMG_2824

9 Likes

Haha I’m not a Judas lover, but I just dont think he’s committed a huge crime and some of the banter in here is way over the too. He’s a life member, used to like watching him and I’m sure he and the club will always consider him an Essendon person.

Yes we did.

A first rounder and a second rounder.

It was a late first, sure, but it’s all Port had.

2 Likes

I’d be happy if Ryder did both knees at once and never played again

Germ of the highest order

9 Likes

If that’s all they had, then the deal shouldn’t have been done because we was still contracted. He forced our hand.

its not the what, its not the how, its the don’t fkn know.

1 Like

Lol.
It’s the how.

Melk, Hibbard, Carlisle…good luck to them.
Ryder out-McPhee’d McPhee.

10 Likes

Remember when Leppitch threw Ryder a BBQ to entice him to Brisbane?

Those were the days.

2 Likes

Really? It wasn’t a great deal but it wasn’t as bad as people make out.
Plus in the environment at the time we didn’t have much choice but to accept it

I’m too scared to read the many new posts in this thread. Please tell me you’re not all talking about what I think you’re talking about, you lunatics

1 Like

Well, yeah.
The environment of a better pick elsewhere but Paddy’s on the front page saying Essendon gave my kids cancer and I’ll sue Essendon if I don’t get to go to this one club that isn’t the one I said I wanted but ■■■■ you and screw my contract and the AFL saying, ‘yeah, we’ll back you Paddy.’

That environment.

9 Likes

I would say that life membership was more out of obligation than anything. if they were happy to have him back, they probably would have given him life membership when he could turn up and receive it. i dont think they want him back at the club and hes happy not coming back either. suits us just fine. he threw the club under the bus at a time when we were getting the absolute sh*t kicked out of us. thats why hes as hated as he is around here

2 Likes

Were we still paying part of his contract at Port even though he broke it?

I heard that, but people say silly things sometimes…