Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

If we can manage to keep this up, we’ll clock up 10k posts by mid afternoon.

@Diggers

Don’t make me pull out my Martin Sheen ‘you’re wrong’ gif.
Because I’ll pull it out so fast it’ll make your head spin !

Again, don’t get me wrong.
The whole list were victims, and if you think of Hird then you just haven’t been paying attention.
But this isn’t the saga thread.

Only one man acted the ■■■■.
Not Carlisle, not Melksham, not Hibberd, not NLM or Watson…and you’d better believe he lost a fuckload more than Ryder.
No. Just him.
He has to live with that.

And this club might owe a lot of players a hell of a lot, but that guy has taken whatever was owed him and then some.

He wanted Port. Fine.
Good.
Great.
Farking stay there.

8 Likes

2 Likes

It’s not a popular opinion.

No.

You get one career and they (Essendon) farked it up for Ryder and everyone else unfortunate to be associated with them at that time.

A fate Ryder had no control over.

Until he did have some control. Yet the majority seem willing to add insult to injury by criticising him for doing what most here would do had they been screwed over in the same way.

Essendon can’t apologise enough for what they did to Ryder or anyone else.

2 Likes

Yeah-nah.
Some people have it in them to go to the daily rags with ‘they gave my kids cancer’ to get what they want, and some people don’t.

I don’t.
I’m sorry, I just don’t.
And I don’t have any empathy for anyone that does.

3 Likes

They were exceptional circumstances, something never seen in professional sport at that scale before.

Like all of them, Ryder would have taken advice from people around him. Family, management and probably team mates as well. Possibly even management at Essendon.

He chose the path he did for reasons known to him. I can’t begrudge him doing what he did because what happened to him was unprecedented.

And like victims of any kind, he/they are now left to deal with it.

1 Like

Make no mistake, it was $$$$, greed for more AND to get that, he stated to the media that he was worried about his babies future health in the most public of ways, thereby further enforcing the Sarah impact to the public at large, basically as a threat of more to come if the EFC didn’t play ball and release him for SFA and the backend of his contract…no one else did that, just Ryder the kant. You can say he is dumb…that just makes him a dumb kant.

1 Like

Guys,Guys.

Don’t waste your time and energy in this thread.

Head over to the trade thread and waste it there.

6 Likes

You can’t view Ryder’s actions in isolation.

Well, you can if it suits your narrative but leaving out Essendon’s role when discussing the circumstances of Ryder’s departure is being very, very generous to Essendon.

Monumentally generous.

Except he’d signed a contract after everything had actually happened, after Robinson and Dank were sacked. If he had an issue with what had happened, why on earth did he no request a trade then and there, not 2 years down the track, after his front ended contract started dropping?
Oh…

15 Likes

If he comes back to Essendon, we should totally mismanage his fitness program. If we do a really poor job at keeping records, plus put some unqualified people in charge of it, there’s every chance that if a government body tries to intervene we could also put him through unnecessary stress and strain. Lol - he might even get suspended! Lol. That will show him!

He may not have had the full extent of what had happened at his disposal at the time of re-signing. And you could reasonably argue that the full extent of what happened is still to be fully revealed.

Oh…

So he acted like a c*nt, based on no reliable information?

2 Likes

Maybe he initially trusted what Essendon told him?

Why wouldn’t he? There’s no way a professional sporting organisation would wilfully do harm to a player’s health or career…

That would never happen…

“injected you multiple times with what again? Patrick, please… Get outa here”

Yep, a bit much.

But that trust was broken a year later, a few months into an investigation that hadn’t - and still hasn’t - turned up anything untoward actually being injected??

All of which made him go to the papers and ■■■■ on the club because… erm…

8 Likes

I was about to argue with diggers with why Ryder is one gigantic C*NT but looks like hap and wim have it covered

3 Likes