Get the hell out of Essendon - Patrick Ryder

plus… why bother.

2 Likes

Don’t make me take away your Blitzlow.

You do remember that Ryder along with 33 others were suspended for twelve months due to what Essendon injected into them.

That’s some pretty compelling evidence right there.

Him leaving ticked me off. But him and his manager acting like complete flogs in the lead up to our finals game against norf and add in his sucking in that final, that was the most anger inducing.

The hell with him and his laconic attitude

6 Likes

Not really, evidence is evidence.

Deliberating bodies can and often do make mistakes, so it doesn’t logically follow that just because they were suspended there was ample evidence to prove wrongdoing.

edit: although I will admit the “what was injected into them” caveat does change the argument a bit, but I guess that is where most people have a problem and is the most contentious of the whole issue.

Personally I still haven’t bought into the Essendon were doing anything that some rivals clubs weren’t doing. Saying Dank was inexperience is just not true. The playing group as a hole didn’t think they had done anything wrong. It was all a load of :poop:. Ryder should of stuck it out.
C Wilson’s Essendon insiders was Ryder’s wife, no doubt listening to bad advice there. The fact we delisted Jedda, Davey and NLM was also a big reason he left.
I don’t hate him, I just don’t think he’s very bright.

1 Like

Her name is not Sarah is it?

There are lots of reasons why people do what they do but those who feel Essendon were hard done by are indulging in a perverted form of revisionism.

The players, including Ryder are the sorry victims of the Essendon’s catastrophic supplement program and that should be the starting point for any reflection on the subsequent behaviours of those who were most affected.

Sorry Digs, but that is just BS.

Responsibility for the saga is shared by all, including the players. Blame is all on Dank and AFL.

Make all the excuses for Ryder you like but he acted dishonesty and without honour.

4 Likes

So the victim’s of Essendon’s incompetence share equal blame in the outcome? The ones who trusted the club to do the right thing share equal responsibility with those who did this to them?

I can’t respect that position. Not one bit.

Like Zaka they could all have said no. That ultimately is why they were suspended, because they allowed someone to inject something into them and had no idea what it was. It isn’t fair it all happened and Essendon were definitely lax in how they controlled those at the club but the players are still adults who didn’t really stop it either. Sure they got a piece of paper that said it was all good but none of them really went very far in questioning it.

And I am in no way blaming them for what happened, just stating that while they may be victims they also still held culpability and that is why they were suspended. James Hird was culpable too and that is why he was also suspended.

None of it was fair with all penalties far too vigorous and the most blame rests on Dank, followed by the weapon and then those at the club who were in charge and did nothing to have the right checks and balances in place. But the players are not fully innocent, just as James wasn’t. How they were treated by the media, AFL and Wada/Asada/CAS was ridiculous in the extreme.

5 Likes

Technically, the players share culpability but the burden of moral responsibility is Essendon’s alone.

And yet supplementation goes on in elite sports worldwide everywhere and is not illegal including via injections (which allow for greater efficacy)

2 Likes

Who’s morally responsible when it happens in other sports?

I don’t disagree but you say “Essendon” like it is everyone at the club fullstop. It wasn’t.

It was just a few and other than Dank and Hird/Bomber/players none have been held accountable.

1 Like

You are a selective reader.

No blaming players at all and I don’t blame the Club, only Dank and the AFL.

You follow the Swans so you would not understand

3 Likes

lets get this thread back on track

Ryder is a flog

17 Likes

Too right. I’m at the point I’m ready to tell @Diggers that he can ■■■■ right off and never return. This ■■■■ has a forum set aside for it and this is not it.

But… I really don’t want to do that. So if we can all just go back to this being the Ryder Judas thread… that’d be great.

7 Likes

I actually don’t hold much animosity towards Ryder, and I mostly agree with Diggers’ view here.

But you’re right, thread needs to get back on track.

Fark Ryder (and also fark Diggers)

2 Likes

Yeah. Fark that @Diggers guy.

He’s trouble.

1 Like

Ok. I will narrow down my disdain to those who were responsible for the player’s wellbeing. They’re morally culpable.

The lady volunteering at the Bomber Shop isn’t. Neither is P Ryder.