Giggle Me Timbers - Looking for Game Testers

Game is multi device (android, ios). Not sure double tapping what is already a small area with a lot of dots would work well either.

Thus why i’m also thinking a journal with a sextant will also be handy.

I remember Sid Miers Pirates! was and awesome game on Amiga. It had a huge map and it didn’t tell you where you’d been, just kept a captains log. The game came with a print-out of the map to help with navigation.

It was such and awesome game, and I still play it sometimes on an emulator.

If this game is anything like that, it will be awesome. Pirates! meets Zelda?

1 Like

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. We could have a map that can be bought in game and you can pull it out so you can see all the port names etc…

I dare not dream as big as Zelda or Pirates! I’m a one man team. Turns out there is I in team.

Game concept reminds me of a game I played on an apple IIe or IIc. I think it was called Taipan. It was basically a text based game and at the start you had to repay money that was loaned to you by your elder brother Wu. So far so good. The lighting option helped when I turned it off as the sailing was very laggy.

1 Like

Brilliant game

That was my first ever game on my IIC - in all its monochrome 7" (or whatever the screen size was) glory.

The game had a glitch - you repaid more than you owed and it went negative, but continued to accrue interest. I got into the billions - them were the days.

1 Like

Would it be acceptable to have a map along the lines of below? It would most likely be given as an early quest reward but for other continents it may need to be purchased or harder to get as a quest reward.

I’ve put it behind a spoiler as it does reveal the map.

[details=Summary]

[/details]

Keep the feedback coming please :smiley:

I’m nearly ready to release the African cities, maps and ports. 1/3 of the world map will be complete!

Again if others are interested in being a tester please send me a PM.

If there is anyone who is a Mac user who can help with security stuff that would also be great as I can export to Mac but can’t seem to get pass a security feature.

Ta!