Gill freezes ticket AFL Finals prices

MESSAGE TO AFL CLUB MEMBERS
FROM AFL CEO GILLON McLACHLAN

I‘m pleased to announce today that the AFL has put a freeze on all ticket prices for the 2014 Toyota AFL Finals Series – up to and including the Grand Final.

In addition, for the second year running, Club Members who buy a ticket to see their Club play in week one and the Club ends up competing in week two will be eligible for a 20% discount on their ticket to watch the Club live in the week two game.

It is the first time for at least two decades that prices have been put on-hold for all Finals including the Grand Final.

We want to thank you for your ongoing passion for the game and to acknowledge the extraordinary level of support each AFL club enjoys, which has seen a new record total established for AFL Club membership for the 14th successive season.  

We encourage you and your family and friends to get along to a finals match to experience first-hand the best the game has to offer – the best teams with the best players at the best venues

While we have had our challenges off field this year, our focus has remained on the race to the finals and what is shaping up as an exciting month culminating on the last Saturday in September at the MCG with the 2014 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Each year the Finals throw up some compelling contests and if your team is competing then they need your support and they want to hear you.

I have readily acknowledged we have listened to the concerns this season of many supporters about the 2014 fixture, ticketing and other issues, and can confirm that work is already underway with our clubs to address these issues in preparation for the 2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

As CEO of the AFL, I‘m committed to making it easier for fans to get to games and I want to thank every supporter who has attended a match so far this year.

Nationally, our attendances are in line with 2013 when some 6.3 million people attended the Toyota AFL Premiership Season and while crowds have dipped in Victoria, the national figure highlights the extraordinary level of support behind the 18 AFL clubs.

I encourage you to experience the sheer excitement and adrenalin of Finals Football this September – it‘s shaping up to be a terrific contest for the 2014 Premiership Flag.

Thank you, and see you at the footy.

Gillon McLachlan
CEO

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-02-02/gillon-mclachlans-message-for-fans?camefrom=EMCL_366242_16768303

Its a good thing but is this a ploy to take the heat off for a few days?

If they've put a freeze on, it's because they've done the sums and figured out they can't get good enough sales if they hike the prices. It's just them spinning it so that they look nice when it's just what the commercial reality requires.

What a guy! So handsome, so generous.

All hail Gill.

He should deep freeze his head forever.

So the approximately 14 club members who get tickets to the Grand Final won't get screwed over any more than they did last year.

PR WIN.

Suck a fat one gil

A ‘benevolent monopoly’ is an oxymoron any day in my book.

hahaha, love the responses!  Disenfranchised much?

Go back to Polo

Well I think it's downright decent of him, he's thinking of us you know guys.

* comic sans = sarcastica

Whose fridge? 

He's trying. Good on him. History cannot be forgiven but his actions in the future can be reviewed. 

MESSAGE TO AFL CLUB MEMBERS
FROM AFL CEO GILLON McLACHLAN

I‘m pleased to announce today that the AFL has put a freeze on all ticket prices for the 2014 Toyota AFL Finals Series – up to and including the Grand Final.

I encourage you to experience the sheer excitement and adrenalin of Finals Football this September – it‘s shaping up to be a terrific contest for the 2014 Premiership Flag (just as long as Essendon doesn't make it or gets knocked out in the first week, coz we can't throw em' out again after all the court stuff from last week).

Thank you, and see you at the footy.

Gillon McLachlan
CEO

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-02-02/gillon-mclachlans-message-for-fans?camefrom=EMCL_366242_16768303

Its a good thing but is this a ploy to take the heat off for a few days?

This was version before editing. 

You're still a total c**t, just like plenty of others in your organisation. GAGF.

Do i detect the faint whiff of desperation here? Since when does the CEO of the AFL write to all club members? They're worried - crowds down all year outside of Adelaide, not looking like hitting their sales targets.  Plus one of their Melbourne games involves Norf, might as well be an interstate team playing in Melbourne....

Fark him, corrupt ■■■■.