Glory and Fame - Celebrating The 1984 & 1985 Premierships - Friday 10 April

from the club site:

It will be a star-studded affair at the ‘Glory and Fame’ Event on Friday 10 April, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the club’s back-to-back premierships.

Celebrating arguably the greatest era in the history of the Essendon Football Club, you are invited to attend the Grand Hyatt on Friday 10 April to commemorate the 30 year anniversary of the 1984 and 1985 premierships.

Relive the greatest moments, the loveable larrikins and the stunning comeback that secured the 1984 flag and the thumping win over arch-rival Hawthorn in 1985.

It was a side littered with champions of the club – Daniher, Madden, Watson, Baker. There were the silky smooth skills of Foulds and Ezard, matched by the blue-collar brigade of Williams and Heard. And of course, there were the characters – Vander Haar, Duckworth, Harvey and Hawker.

Celebrating a magnificent era, it will be a magnificent night for all Essendon supporters with players and the coach of the 1984/85 premiership teams in attendance.

Glory and Fame Event
30 Year Anniversary of the 1984/1985 Premierships
When: Friday 10 April - 7.00pm for a 7.30pm start
Where: Savoy Ballroom, Grand Hyatt.

More info: http://essendoncorporatehospitality.com.au/signature-events/glory-fame/
Interview with TD: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-03-01/btv-terry-daniher-interview-march-1-2015
Interview with Timmy: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2015-02-28/btv-tim-watson-interview-february-28-2015
Behind the scenes pics: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-03-01/glory-and-fame-behind-the-scenes

A few of us are getting the $240 tickets - PM if you’d like to join us!

That TD speech is ■■■■■■■ brilliant, would have loved to have seen how all those boys reacted to the win the other day!

“Celebrating a magnificent era, it will be a magnificent night for all Essendon supporters with players and the coach of the 1984/85 premiership teams in attendance.”

Is this why there are murmurs of Sheeds coming back to EFC?

It will be a fantastic night!

Personally can’t wait for this night, these guys were my idols growing up and I’m still known to throw on a DVD of either game when I get a few spare hours.

To channel TD, it should be a beauty.

1 Like

booked our tickets this morning - apparently they are selling quickly, will probably do even more so now with the news about Sheeds!

Should be a great night.

Part of me thinks there should be a re-enactment match. Will Dermie be able to contain himself?

See you all there. An event not to be missed I would say…

Quoted Post

See you all there. An event not to be missed I would say..

Sadly l will have to miss it for the 30th time.

Sadly a bit expensive for me.

And probably 95% of Bomber fans.

Bomber hasn’t been invited?? What the fark

Just heard Bomber say that he hasn’t been invited on AFL360…time to get some emails off to the club. Any Club officials reading this I’d like to know why this is happening. Many supporters would be very disappointed to hear this.

Quoted Post

Just heard Bomber say that he hasn't been invited on AFL360......time to get some emails off to the club. Any Club officials reading this I'd like to know why this is happening. Many supporters would be very disappointed to hear this.
Heard Bomber say that also.

Puts the Club in a bad light to say the least.

Quoted Post

Just heard Bomber say that he hasn't been invited on AFL360......time to get some emails off to the club. Any Club officials reading this I'd like to know why this is happening. Many supporters would be very disappointed to hear this.

If this is the case they need to show more respect to one of our members of the club. It smells of immaturity!!!

Regardless of whether there is some angst with how Bomber’s tenure at the club ended, he was a major part of that team, and also a premiership captain in 1993. He should be there and if he isn’t it is a ■■■■■■ disgrace. You don’t advertise your membership campaign as “Be a part of our FABRIC” when someone that is a massive part of our fabric is disrespected in this way. I will be writing an email to the club first thing tomorrow morning…

There must be an extremely good reason we will probably never be privy to.

Quoted Post

Not good enough. Poor form in the eyes of the public. Imagine what the media will make of this…agree with ‘smooth’ - it makes a mockery of ‘our fabric’ promotions. Bomber is well loved among the members and supporters.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Not good enough. Poor form in the eyes of the public. Imagine what the media will make of this…agree with ‘smooth’ - it makes a mockery of ‘our fabric’ promotions. Bomber is well loved among the members and supporters.

yep doesn’t make sense. if anything the believed thought is the BOARD were the ones doing the dirty work behind the scenes to get Thompson the job whilst getting rid of Hird.
It backfired and both aspects copped a belting, Thompson shouldn’t suffer for the Boards motives in this instance.

Oh Jeezuz. Go say it on BF or twitter will ya’s?

It’s clearly a simple oversight. You don’t really believe the club wouldn’t invite Bomber on purpose do you?

Apart from the fact they would invite every member of THE Prem side as a matter of course, to think they would deliberately not, with the subsequent crap & furore in the rags & crap footy TV … at this point in proceedings is beyond stupid.

Terry Daniher said he’d(bomber) be there on 360 last night.

Incredibly disrespectful to Bomber if true.
Nothing less than a public apology on the EFC website tomorrow by Little / Campbell will suffice.
If not, the Board should be immediately replaced.
Will be advising the Club accordingly.