Glory and Fame - Celebrating The 1984 & 1985 Premierships - Friday 10 April

Quoted Post

Oh Jeezuz. Go say it on BF or twitter will ya's?

It’s clearly a simple oversight. You don’t really believe the club wouldn’t invite Bomber on purpose do you?

Apart from the fact they would invite every member of THE Prem side as a matter of course, to think they would deliberately not, with the subsequent crap & furore in the rags & crap footy TV … at this point in proceedings is beyond stupid.

You know for a fact it was an oversight? I don’t know how you could conceivably leave off a member of that team from the invites, they should be the first people on the list! It’s a PR disaster and one that makes us look incompetent at best, at worst it is an issue that will be in the papers, discussed, dissected, as part of the ASADA collateral damage…

Thought Bomber spoke really well tonight.
Spoke very nice about Hirdy and what a tower of strength he has been in taking on the whole football world by himself.
Also explained working at AW gives him a chance to defend himself face to face.
A nice dig at you know who and her style of work.

Surely he should be at this function.

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 2m2 minutes ago
Bomber Thompson was invited to ESS reunion but declined. Mix up on#afl360 tonight. Am confident he will attend…

I blame James Hird.

Apologies in 10, 9, wait…no?

Quoted Post

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 2m2 minutes ago Bomber Thompson was invited to ESS reunion but declined. Mix up on#afl360 tonight. Am confident he will attend...

No probs.
Was thinking what the hell is going on?
Cheers.

…let me get this straight?

So he was invited and declined, then on AFL360 he said he wasn’t invited so couldn’t decline, now Robbo says he’s confident Bomber will attend???

Have I missed anything?

Maybe his invitation was accidentally sent to SWMNBN!!!

I suppose it’s just plausible that there could be a fark up at a Club that’s trying to sort out governance issues!

Quoted Post

.....let me get this straight?

So he was invited and declined, then on AFL360 he said he wasn’t invited so couldn’t decline, now Robbo says he’s confident Bomber will attend???

Have I missed anything?

No… You summed it up well! I never cease to be amazed!!

Quoted Post
Oh Jeezuz. Go say it on BF or twitter will ya's?

It’s clearly a simple oversight. You don’t really believe the club wouldn’t invite Bomber on purpose do you?

Apart from the fact they would invite every member of THE Prem side as a matter of course, to think they would deliberately not, with the subsequent crap & furore in the rags & crap footy TV … at this point in proceedings is beyond stupid.

You know for a fact it was an oversight? I don’t know how you could conceivably leave off a member of that team from the invites, they should be the first people on the list! It’s a PR disaster and one that makes us look incompetent at best, at worst it is an issue that will be in the papers, discussed, dissected, as part of the ASADA collateral damage…

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 2m2 minutes ago Bomber Thompson was invited to ESS reunion but declined. Mix up on#afl360 tonight. Am confident he will attend...

Like I said… bullsh1t. Someone got thier wires crossed.

Quoted Post

I suppose it's just plausible that there could be a fark up at a Club that's trying to sort out governance issues!

Make sure you send your apologies to the club. Board, Little, Xavier.

Damage has been done, essendon are monsters.

mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quoted Post

Lesson: never go full retard.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I suppose it's just plausible that there could be a fark up at a Club that's trying to sort out governance issues!

Make sure you send your apologies to the club. Board, Little, Xavier.

I’ll get Bomber and Robbo to apologise for me! :slight_smile:

I should know better by now not to believe anything I read or hear on radio or watch on TV!
Particularly after the last two years. :frowning:

LOL the last page.

The only truth is that Robbo gets the most accurate mail from EFC.

Quoted Post

.....let me get this straight?

Have I missed anything?

To say Bomber has acted erratically ever since September 2014 is an understatement. I love what he has done for our great club over 30 years but geez we lucked out that the Board didn’t get their way last October when they wanted Jimmy gone. I watched 360 and for him to clearly say he was not invited when he was is damaging. Just like how our b and f was hijacked…