Goddard on Gameday

Just watched crammers pretend to chase up the field, rooted, went straight off

some things never change

on another note, Goddard has been soooo much better than i could of dreamed since he has come across

On field he has been a gem, one of our very best mature age recruits, ever. Off field he is a bonus, since he wasn't around in 2012, he can't be asked about the supplements program. 

Crameri has another dirty day for the Dogs. Plenty more of them to look forward to, playing for that rabble. Sounds like he is just going through the motions, but with the big coin he is on, he should be putting in way more (any?) defensive effort.

What about that numpty Stevens claiming on the basis of last nights ridiculous poll on Ch.7 that 80% of Bomber fans didn't want JH back.
It's 80% of the idiots that answered the poll across all supporters you PID.

Funny thing is he provided no evidence that that particular poll had voting restrictions so only Essendon fans voted last night. Also from memory the club has more members than the amount who voted in the damn poll.
Channel 7 are clearly pushing the Bomber vs. Hird storyline.

Dude, this ain't the Lancet or the Britiah Journal of medicine, let alone the British journal of Sports Science. It's just a rubbish show.
And that Stevens bloke reminds me of beaker from the muppets, just with a fake tan.

He's a clown.  He had a crack at Louise MIlligan on Twitter about her ABC story being one sided and how she didn't bother representing the AFL's side of the story.  She fired straight back and said that not only did it have Demetriou and Fitzpatrick in it, but she also invited Demtriou on with a list of questions she planned to ask and he declined, so there's not a lot she could do about that.

His response was something like "Still feel you needed to represent both sides" or some plonk like that.  He's a massive flog, equal plain as Ralphy.

Back to Goddard, he's so cool in the media.  Just gets on with it, you can almost tell he wants to tell the stupid questions to nick off but he jsut gives nothing and answers beautifully.

Goddard should have said what he believed who should be coach. It's not a reflection on Hird, it's just the fact.

Hird will have his time, but I cannot remember seeing a more focussed, united team on the park than 2014.

No doubt Hird has a lot too do with it aswell,  Bomber is a better coach, plain and simple. Gets most out of the playing group.

While there's question marks about Hird's coaching, it's 2 games in how can you claim we are the most focussed we've ever been, considering 2 weeks ago even the coaches were a bit worried with our pre season form.

and it's not as if Bomber would have had no say or influence in how Hird has coached over the journey, seeing that is why he was brought to the club.

Personally not apposed to Bomber staying on, If it's best for the club and Hird is ok with that, but realistically again it's 2 weeks into a season.

What about that numpty Stevens claiming on the basis of last nights ridiculous poll on Ch.7 that 80% of Bomber fans didn't want JH back.

Funny thing is he provided no evidence that that particular poll had voting restrictions so only Essendon fans voted last night. Also from memory the club has more members than the amount who voted in the damn poll.

Dude, this ain't the Lancet or the Britiah Journal of medicine, let alone the British journal of Sports Science. It's just a rubbish show.
And that Stevens bloke reminds me of beaker from the muppets, just with a fake tan.
He's a clown.  He had a crack at Louise MIlligan on Twitter about her ABC story being one sided and how she didn't bother representing the AFL's side of the story.  She fired straight back and said that not only did it have Demetriou and Fitzpatrick in it, but she also invited Demtriou on with a list of questions she planned to ask and he declined, so there's not a lot she could do about that.

His response was something like "Still feel you needed to represent both sides" or some plonk like that.  He's a massive flog, equal plain as Ralphy.

Back to Goddard, he's so cool in the media.  Just gets on with it, you can almost tell he wants to tell the stupid questions to nick off but he jsut gives nothing and answers beautifully.

A bit off topic but I covered the Australian fraud league logo on my Essendon Guernsey with blue masking tape at the game on Friday night. I deregistered them :-):-):-P

A bit off topic but I covered the Australian fraud league logo on my Essendon Guernsey with blue masking tape at the game on Friday night. I deregistered them :-):-):-P
You will need to change the masking tape colour next week.

Another media appearance for BJ, just shows that not only has he been a great on-field acquisition for the club, but off-field he speaks very well, matter of fact, no-nonsense. Doesn't generally give away much, but when pressed about us losing Crameri but unearthing Gleeson and Ambrose, he made mention of defensive pressure and that "Stewie doesn't have a defensive bone in his body". Nice little back-hander!

In fairness to Crameri, the question was suggesting Gleeson the defender was a replacement for Crameri, Goddard then made the comment. Don't think it was a backhander, more intended as Crameri being the last player you would chuck in defence.

Having said that, I don't think we are missing him...

You will need to change the masking tape colour next week.

Yeah maybe red next week.  Still needs to be obvious.

Cos these guys hated each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcgEJQkkwZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0OkjIFYj7E

Gave me shivers. Also, the first time I've missed Kommer this year

What about seeing Jobe with arm around Crameri as they go down the race V Freo.

Every time I get reminded about that guy I just get so fkg angry. Hope he has an absolute ■■■■ of a time with that other mob.

What about seeing Jobe with arm around Crameri as they go down the race V Freo.

Every time I get reminded about that guy I just get so fkg angry. Hope he has an absolute **** of a time with that other mob.

i thought he left for cuddles

Lol, just realised, Mark Stevens is the chief football reporter at 7 . Find that very hard to believe, he’s the best they’ve got apparently.

2014 looks more like redemption, 2013 we ran on emotion.

Lol, just realised, Mark Stevens is the chief football reporter at 7 . Find that very hard to believe, he's the best they've got apparently.

I can imagine pre-production meetings with him & TW.
Tim would treat him with the same respect he gave that dickbag Maher on SEN for almost a decade - none.

Bitterness for the sake of it. I don't feel like we are worse off for losing crameri, but that chase was 100m flat stick and effected the kick of mullett, who is lightning. Jesus

Lol, just realised, Mark Stevens is the chief football reporter at 7 . Find that very hard to believe, he's the best they've got apparently.

He was fishing for a big scoop last week when they Mark Evans on the match coverage.  Asked him about a player getting multiple jabs for an injury and trying to tie it back in to the Essendon saga. Evans didn't bite. "Swing and a miss."

He was fishing for a big scoop last week when they Mark Evans on the match coverage. Asked him about a player getting multiple jabs for an injury and trying to tie it back in to the Essendon saga. Evans didn't bite. "Swing and a miss."

But he didn't follow it up with any outrage, which just shows you how atupid it is to complain about injections.
Also, I noticed in the post match presser he seems to get to ask a heap of questions before all the other dribblers. Is this because seven have the rights?

Bitterness for the sake of it. I don't feel like we are worse off for losing crameri, but that chase was 100m flat stick and effected the kick of mullett, who is lightning. Jesus

no bitterness, just a casual observation that releated to what Goddard had said that morning

as for the chase it happened right in front of me on the bulldogs members wing, not sure who he was after because I couldnt take my eyes off Crammers head bobbing up and down, farkin pathetically hilarious when the Bulldogs pride themselves on their defensive pressure, he was running half pace and blowing like a 5k a night call girl then he gave up and dropped to his haunches for 20 seconds, after that he dragged his ■■■■ all the way over to the other side of the field to sit on the pine.

you were referring to another chase where he magically found some energy, may have got a rev up from the Macca.

Dogs in desperate need of a big forward and Crammers is not it, not winning too many people over atm down there.

Aside from anything: they had (still got) a few guys already who are decent marking almost-key talls.

Stringer 192cm, Macrae 188cm, Jarryd Grant 194cm & 71kg, Murphy's been used there plenty before 187cm. And they also use Dickson & Gia as marking players like we used Monfries.

Why they thought they needed another is beyond me - all would be good as 3rd or 4th marking options but will likely struggle when given the really good defenders.

Still only really got Bolt's mate Liam Jones as a genuine tall forward and he is not confidence inspiring - might slot in as a #2 down the track, good hands & he does present.

Badly need to recruit in that area.

they've had to badly recruit there since god knows when. proabably as long as carlton actually!

Aside from anything: they had (still got) a few guys already who are decent marking almost-key talls.

Stringer 192cm, Macrae 188cm, Jarryd Grant 194cm & 71kg, Murphy's been used there plenty before 187cm. And they also use Dickson & Gia as marking players like we used Monfries.

Why they thought they needed another is beyond me - all would be good as 3rd or 4th marking options but will likely struggle when given the really good defenders.

Still only really got Bolt's mate Liam Jones as a genuine tall forward and he is not confidence inspiring - might slot in as a #2 down the track, good hands & he does present.

Badly need to recruit in that area.

my bro is a dogs man and shares your views on the crameri recruitment. I think had he been around 20 years ago as a lead out of the square full forward in the dunstall mode he would have been an absolute menace.