Going to the Football Solo

seeexxxyyyyy…

3 Likes

So I assume when friends are at your place and a movie comes on, no one is told to ‘pull up a seat’.

No. It goes without saying.

1 Like

In some respects.

I pretty much did it exclusively for seven years. Of course, the groggers became my friends during those times, but I always came and went alone, for the most part.

My wife and her family were generally indifferent except for my father-in-law who was older and didn’t get out much… so I was on my own. Most of my small circle of friends weren’t really footy people either.

There was always a bit of irony that the immigrant became the one guy in the circle of family and close friends who was much more into it than the natives.

3 Likes

Well the truth finally came out and this thread escalated quickly.

Way to much info diggers. Lol.

1 Like

If I’ve ever gone by myself to the footy, I end up people watching between quarters and then during games in a way you can’t in a public place. You get a good perspective of what people are doing there. Like the tarted up birds who are out to land a tradie, boozers, Nannas, jaded has beens, nuff nuffs, flamboyant showboaters. Footy’s a good cross section.

1 Like

In case you missed it earlier, I wasn’t me who was self-gratifying in a cinema.

Diggers is the selfless type.

K[quote=“Socks_and_Sandals, post:47, topic:10258, full:true”]
If I’ve ever gone by myself to the footy, I end up people watching between quarters and then during games in a way you can’t in a public place. You get a good perspective of what people are doing there.

Like the tarted up birds who are out to land a tradie

boozers, Nannas, jaded has beens, nuff nuffs, flamboyant showboaters. Footy’s a good cross section.
[/quote]

Where do you find that, I have steel capped boots and a high vis vest

2 Likes

You’re a bit more switched on than I.

my favourite are the trackies all day erry day.

1 Like

What sort of Subway(s)?

found the perfect seat for diggers for the franklin show https://i.redd.it/j22gev5aohry.jpg

2 Likes

My dad went on his own when I boycotted last season. I’ve been on my own before, nothing wrong with it. It is better when you go with people regularly, more fun.

But would rather go on my own than with someone who barely watches the game.

Is a single Mentos a “mento”?

1 Like

Been on my own to the Footy, many times. Most of the A Day games throughout the 90’s I just trammed from St Kilda & walked up, no ticket, solo. (Those were the days)

Kids were at that tween to teen stage & wanted to hang out with friends instead, and the Ms BSD of the day was Uni ing to the max, … and supported fkn Norf …

Always would meet some other Bomber to chat & have a beer with.

I’d certainly prefer Footy to going to the flix on my ownsome. That kinda sucks unless it’s a arthouse / thinky type.

(And of course, someone might be having a lend of themselves in the Cinema, … and you don’t have anyone to laugh about it with …)

Have gone by myself to most Essendon matches I’ve gone to, have to fly up from interstate any game I do get to, seems normal enough.

More often than not end up conversing with others in between quarters whether they’re Essendon or opposition supporters. Probably a but lucky never having had to sit next to any nutters, I’m also the type of supporter who can rage at the television but watch calmly when at the actual venue.

1 Like

You’re never truly solo when you go to the game with Jesus.

13 Likes

Which was clearly peak grog squad.