Going to the Football Solo

He went to most of our games last year. We got crucified.

Too soon?

That may be true.

But why doesnā€™t Jesus help us when the maggots stitch us up? After all, it was He who said

ā€œYou hypocrite, first take the log out of your eye, before you try to remove the speck from your brotherā€™s eyeā€

[For those who donā€™t think he would be on our side: look up Luke 6:42]

But he isnā€™t alone if he has 60,000 supporters there with him barracking for the same team.
Try going along to a Bombers game in Subiaco.

My biggest problem with going to the footy solo is that Iā€™ll always externalise my footy rants. Itā€™s often just directed at my wife, whose eyes glaze over as she smiles and then sighs on the inside, or even if Iā€™m home by myself, my dog usually cops it.

If Iā€™m alone at the footy, then Iā€™m just ranting either to complete strangers, or worse, nobody at all.

Itā€™s too weird.

1 Like

Whenever I go on my own I just privately seethe

7 Likes

Or schizophrenic.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™d give anything to be able to privately seethe.

Canā€™tā€¦ Holdā€¦ Itā€¦ in!

1 Like

Itā€™s not very nice. Worse for members. They put you at the city end where you can hardly see anything, made worse with the setting sun in your eyes.

1 Like

I consider this practice to be very therapeutic.

2 Likes

Been there and wore sunnies ever since :wink:

Go solo more often than not. Growing up I went with my dad but itā€™s been a long while since then. Most of my mates barrack for other teams and will occasionally catch up with them. And early days took a couple of dates to the footy, both times pretty disastrously.

To be honest I prefer going by myself. I like to concentrate on the footy and if Iā€™m with someone it dilutes it a bit. Iā€™ve got no problem speaking my mind and had a few verbals over the years with opposition fans, and often will end up chatting to the people next to me.

1 Like

How funny was that string of jokes a couple years back when people were talking about Jesus running around for Nazareth a few years back. Was crucified by the umps etc. etc.

1 Like

I like going to footy solo and getting plastered!

Even said to the bar keeps Iā€™m buying drinks for me and my French.

Youā€™re p*ssed right now.

1 Like

I go to 2-3 games a week, if no one wants to go, Iā€™ll happily go by myself! Though, I do prefer company for the Essendon games. If anything, just to have someone to restrain me from making too many inappropriate comments about the opposition!!

1 Like

Iā€™ll slug 1 for ya and then sleep it off.

Back in the 90s, i went to the footy on my own every week. Was fun watching the footy with Rex and Sam in your ear.

Around the grounds ā€¦ Al Martello at the MCGā€¦

Nothing wrong with going solo to the footy i do it my self. I like getting plastered behind the goals and hugging and hi-fiving randoms

1 Like