Gold Coast

Don't rate McKenna as a coach, doubt they will do much more than make the 8 on talent while he is there.

i rated him very highly at first, but when gaz got injured, it exposed that club as a footy team who are getting a piggyback from arguably the greatest player the game has ever seen.

GGGGazza and the Jets

Did Gary Ablett ever actually extend his contract?

I think Suns said he didn’t, yet he is not listed as being a free agent next year, despite his contract seemingly being up at 2015’s end.

In the end, the leg up GC and GWS received from the AFL in terms of draft concessions was about right. 

That is very much a matter of opinion. I, and I suspect some of the struggling traditional clubs, would have been quite happy to see them wallow at the bottom for at least a decade.

From the AFL's POV, I guess you're probably right though 

Rename the team to "Ablett & Suns"

The Gary Ablett Experience.

Featuring Homer.

I think Suns said he didn't, yet he is not listed as being a free agent next year, despite his contract seemingly being up at 2015's end.

Don't you have to be with the club for 7 years to be a restricted FA and 10 years to be an unrestricted free agent?

I think Suns said he didn't, yet he is not listed as being a free agent next year, despite his contract seemingly being up at 2015's end.

Don't you have to be with the club for 7 years to be a restricted FA and 10 years to be an unrestricted free agent?

Not sure, I assumed it would be time in the league however. Could be that.

No, it's time with that particular club.

8 years restricted, 10 unrestricted.

That's to be a "Free* agent" though.

If his contract is finished he can be an actual free agent and go wherever through the PSD (why is that still allowed? Surely should be shut off with the advent of "Free* agency".

If his contract is finished he can be an actual free agent and go wherever through the PSD (why is that still allowed? Surely should be shut off with the advent of "Free* agency".

Or they can delist him and he becomes a delisted FA and he can choose where he wants to go.

Or they can delist him and he becomes a delisted FA and he can choose where he wants to go.

Yes, I think they might delist Ablett.

Or not.

Or he can just say he wants to go to a particular club and it’ll happen.

Looking likely that Eade will get the gig up there

Or he can just say he wants to go to a particular club and it'll happen.

Best done with a contract, this one is.

Eade named as coach.

Vanilla.

McGuire has apparently said to the Herald-Sun that he wants Gold Coast to give Collingwood compensation.

Can someone please tell this 50yo fat flog to GAGF.

McGuire has apparently said to the Herald-Sun that he wants Gold Coast to give Collingwood compensation.

Could you imagine him in the trenches at Gallipoli? His own side would have shot him after a couple of hours for his incessant whinging.

Could you imagine him in the trenches at Gallipoli? His own side would have shot him after a couple of hours for his incessant whinging.

He would never have made it, would have been thrown off the boat mid journey.

imagine him getting up that ■■■■■■■ hill

They should get the same compensation that they gave WCE when theY poached Malthouse.

So who is going to coach foots?