Golf and related musings

Great day for Aussie professional sportswomen. Now waiting for Minjee Lee to make the next breakthrough.

Deadset, weā€™ve got one here. Pure clutch. Canā€™t remember the last Oz golfer you could say that about.

1 Like

Yup.

Sheā€™s a cracker. That putt was steady as a rock.

Thinking about joining a club when I get back. Maybe something like Northern. Depends a bit on job prospects, but Iā€™d like to be able to find a regular game somewhere.

I didnā€™t really try hard enough last time, and missed out on some prime golfing years.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ who needs a fourth? :slight_smile:

A fourth?

David, apparently.

I think heā€™s sayingā€¦ who plays regularly in a group of 3 players and needs a 4th regular player

You know, fill out the foursome.

(not THAT kind of foursome)

1 Like

Why? Do you have to go in 4ā€™s or something? :thinking:

Whatā€™s wrong with just a duo??

Itā€™s just an expression, and not necessarily literal. Why donā€™t I try againā€¦

Are there any Blitzers who could use a golf partner?

1 Like

McPhees Dad

1 Like

Drops mike ā€¦

Always up for a round. If youā€™re ever down Sth Gippy way, give me a shout. :+1:

I do not really understand golf and I am not that good at it, actually I am hopeless.

I am in Wollongong staying at a Hotel at the golf course that is right on the beach. My room has a balcony that looks out over the course to the beach and the Pacific Ocean and it is a nice morning.

Golfers started arriving around 6 am and now at 7:15 am the course is full of blokes diligently trying to get a little white ball into a small hole. Maybe 100 or so spread across the vista.

No women, all blokes; why ?? Donā€™t men and women play these games together; is there a real or a taboo. Very nice hotel right in the city but a very, very blokey place.

I see women playing all the time at the courses I go to.

Wollongong is a different world

Plenty of golf and golfers who live in 1950. But itā€™s been changing.

And it needed to.

Check out Social Golf Australia (socialgolfaustralia.com.au) if you are keen on playing and looking for someone to play with. In Melbourne there are over 20 events per year and you can play as many or as few as you want. I have been playing in their events for about 10 years and we play the best private courses as well as country courses and everything in between. It I is better and much cheaper than joining a club.

1 Like

That sounds great. Going to look into it.

I have almost a full set now and got some new walking shoes, so Iā€™m all ready.

Also got Presidents Cup tix for the Saturday.