Golf and related musings

Whilst I’ve played, and loved, Barnbougle it couldn’t hold a tournament. Where would everyone stay? Bridport Hotel?

I also don’t think it’s as hard a people make out. I’ve had much better scores there than at Royal Melbourne,Victoria etc.

If Australia was 3-4 hours closer to America then we would see a huge influx of American and European golfers. They just hate to travel this far without getting 500k minimum just to show up, I’m looking at you Snedeker ya hack!!!

Wouldn’t say barnbougle had narrow fairways, I’d say they’re quite wide but if you miss them then you’ve lost your ball for sure.

On another note, lost my golf shoes and had to play with just sand shoes today. Had my best round for months purely because I had to slow the swing down and not over hit the ball for fear of slipping over

Yep, when it comes to playing flog, less is certainly more, … particularly when driving.

Wouldn't say barnbougle had narrow fairways, I'd say they're quite wide but if you miss them then you've lost your ball for sure.

On another note, lost my golf shoes and had to play with just sand shoes today. Had my best round for months purely because I had to slow the swing down and not over hit the ball for fear of slipping over

That’s the biggest with everyone who plays golf, they all try to hit it as far as possible. If you hit it at 3/4 pace you’ll not only hit it straighter but you’ll make much better contact and maybe gain a few meters

Nah stuff that - drive for show cause my short game is abysmal. That’s when fairways seem tight as.

I definitely hit the ball 30+ Mtrs shorter when hitting at 3/4. But am a lot more accurate. The temptation to let it rip often wins over though.

I just go back to cricket and try and hit it back over the bowlers head. There’s no subtlety.

Jason Day running hot. His game is looking incredible. Looking forward to the masters.

So who are we tipping guys?
Obviously we want Day or Scott to win but having a look at the odds I think Shwartzel is good value.

Maybe Louis Oosthuizen will go close, he’s been great the last few weeks and likes Augusta. Snedeker has been solid this year and has played well in the masters too.

Someone at real long odds is Ian Poulter at $201. Might be worth a couple of bucks each way.

Day looks like the one to beat though. His form has been crazy over the last 12 months and he’s had the perfect lead up. Not sure how the pressure of being favorite is going to effect him or not, if he can shoot 1 or 2 under on the first day I think he’ll win.

I liked Louis all the way up until last weekend in Houston.
Probably shouldn’t jump off because you are right up until then he was looking the goods.
So we both like South Africans - they seem to do better at Augusta than us Aussies.

Jimmy Walker won the par 3 contest so he’s no chance of winning

I agree Schwartzel is looking strong, but so is Bubba, Day and Scott - all past winners who consistently play the course well. Mark Allen mentioned the weather is expected to be windy conditions so it may favour Bubba who’s inventive stroke play will be put to good use. I think it will be one of these four and would probably back a Watson - Day 1/2 finish.

Day’s falling apart the past 2 holes.

I didn’t see it but… how? I guess if its going to happen anywhere it’d be here and better in the first round than later…

Ernie! This makes me feel so much better about my own ability.

Jimmy Walker won the par 3 contest so he's no chance of winning

Your Poulter tip isn’t looking too shabby.
He has started well.

15/16 destroyed a truckload of good golfers today.

I didn't see it but... how? I guess if its going to happen anywhere it'd be here and better in the first round than later...

Bogeyed 15 the par 5 after choosing to lay up and hit a wedge in for his 3rd and 3 putted.

Then put it in the drink on 16 and ended up with a triple and another bogey on 17.

Jimmy Walker won the par 3 contest so he's no chance of winning

Your Poulter tip isn’t looking too shabby.
He has started well.

15/16 destroyed a truckload of good golfers today.

Sneds and Oostie all under par or level too. Pity I didn’t put any coin on them :frowning:

Double bogey to Speith on the 18th makes the last day interesting. :slight_smile: