Golf and related musings

I mean the properties of the balls are all slightly different so will suit players differently. I mean obviously the Pro V1 Left dash is the best, but probably only for 3 players.

Really, unless you’ve had a specific ball fitting with your swing and clubs and know your game in and out then who would even know …

They all stand up a lot better than the Titleist 100 compression balatas, or the Maxfli HT, or the Hogan 392, or the B51s, or the whatever else …

Its great . I have only used it at my home club I think it’s free for just one club

1 Like

that’s golfing heaven

1 Like

Had a 40 yesterday and tied for first but lost on a countback . Turns out the 4 foot putt I missed on the 18th cost me the outright win. Ouch
The guy I tied with who won was off 32 and had a birdie (5 pointer) on the 18th,
Double ouch.

5 Likes

How were you feeling standing over it? A t pointer on the last …that’s a big swing!!

Not sus at all.

1 Like

Its a long par 4 too usually into the prevailing wind. I wasn’t too windy yesterday but takes2 good hits 386 mtr par 4

Kind of depends on what sort of “32” they are. Long, wild, no short game…yep, checks out. Hits it 150m max…not so much.

1 Like

What was the condition like? Played there 18 months ago and it was like they were massively out of cash and just trying to hold on.

Not really…anyone who plays golf on a semi regular/regular basis has the capacity to birdie most holes…high handicappers rarely do so but can when everything comes together on that occasional magic hole.

4 Likes

seemed in pretty good nick to me. very dry and hard but it’s late jan so that’s forgivable

1 Like

Anglesea

Not me. Been on the gold coast 20 years. Troy was the pro at Kilmore

13 year old finally wants to have a go.

Looking for a par 3 or pitch and putt that’s not too far away, but not having much success. Studley Park seems to be the only one reasonably close.

Living in the northwest is nice but the golf sure isn’t that great.

2 Likes

18 at Deep Creek in Pakenham today and not the greatest quality course.

The new holes (1 & 18) are decent enough but the quality around the older holes is lacking. Anyway, didn’t hit em too badly and was stoked to be +2 after 6. Anyway, my luck ground to a halt and finished with an 88.

My shot of the day was being within 10ft of a 150m par 3. Short game was pretty good too. Wish I could say the same about my iron play.

One thing I’m really happy with, my recent purchase of a new Callaway Big Bertha Fusion driver. Model is a few years old but got it at a great price ($130 brand new) and the draw bias setting has given me 25m+ off the tee and (sometimes) fixed the slice.

2 Likes

My lips are sealed.

Northern has a good junior introduction program…u should check that out

played sanctuary lakes today. i reckon the blokes putting that top 100 list together just really have a boner for bumpy fairways. and i have an aversion to courses with zero trees and backing on to housing estates that advertise “resort living”. three times i went to tee up and stopped myself thinking i’d played the hole already.

is it fun? yeah, just
is it a lovely walk? no

verdict: mid

last weekend i was chatting golf with a mate (he’s a handy player) and laughing about how his worst nightmare is hitting a hole in one while playing on his own.

well, today i drained a 22 metre (i paced it out after using my watch workout app) putt, downhill, hung out about 6-7m to the left. threw my arms up in triumph…fkn i’m only bloke on the course. dang it.

10 Likes

I pitched in for the first time in my life from 50m couple weeks ago. No one got excited or believed me when I told them. Wife feigned interest. An ace alone would fkn suck.

4 Likes

My only hole in one was playing alone.

Yeah would have obviously preferred to have done it with friends and in a comp but especially now I’ve stopped playing would rather have it than not at all.

Pin was tucked away and blind so what was worse was the first place I looked when the ball wasn’t on the green, was the bunker.

Still feels great when it happens.

National - old 16th.

Twice also holed out for eagles from 150m+, both times in comps with mates.

5 Likes