Golf and related musings

Thought Spieth had it shot to pieces until the last 2 holes.
Looks like we are in for high drama tomorrow morning.

Don’t want Smylie winning it either.
The sports media will go sickeningly over the top with their headlines with a name like that.

FARK!
This thread is really, actually, about golf???

FARK! This thread is really, actually, about golf????

and related musings

Speith will hold on and consolidate. I expect day to make a charge but speith is a class above. Ratings be damned.

Wish they’d pair those two up.

FARK! This thread is really, actually, about golf????

and related musings

Carlisles dad has been known to frequent the thread from time to time…

Speith will hold on and consolidate. I expect day to make a charge but speith is a class above. Ratings be damned.

A class above Day? The 3 shot buffer may be enough over the day but I anything can happen over the last 6.

This thing was over 3 holes ago.

Not anymore

You know how you don’t want someone to win, and then they choke majorly, and you feel bad for them, and then a ■■■■■■ Englishman wins instead and you’re like grrrrr, but then he looks so happy you go kinda awwwwww.

Happens to me all the time.

Big choke that one.
The 2nd one into the water had the jaw dropping.

A class above Day? The 3 shot buffer may be enough over the day but I anything can happen over the last 6.

Ok they’re both blo0dy useless then.

To be fair, they all choked.
Even the winner, on the 18th. It was just a matter of how much.

Hmmmm, remind me not to take my tips from you.

Hmmmm, remind me not to take my tips from you.

i was just repeating what my neighbour told me. i just wanted to sound sexy and cool.
i do watch a bit of it and speiths game always seemed to be the one that would hold up better than anyone elses. i still recon hes the one to watch and he’ll be seen as better than day or mcillroy.
but yes i will keep outlandish predictions in the bag from now on.

The second shot into the water was just unbelievable. He missed his mark by so far it nearly didn’t make the water in the first place.

Move over Jean van de Velde, we have a new greatest choke in a major.

So many highlights from today, but this one was dead set incredible:

Yep. Never seen anything like that one.

Speith’s collapse was unbelievable.

He seemed to get a bit of the rights late day 3 and they returned on day 4.

That said, he played 70 odd holes of unbelievable golf as well.

It’s a tough game.

Speith's collapse was unbelievable.

He seemed to get a bit of the rights late day 3 and they returned on day 4.

That said, he played 70 odd holes of unbelievable golf as well.

It’s a tough game.

And like all sporting endeavors, you need to be strong above the shoulders when the shitts on the line.

Mickelson/Norman level fail.