Golf and related musings

Pity the Phil Mickelson story is two months old - Whatever rocks your boat - It's always an excellent result when you shoot 8 under at the British Open.

Mickelson moves to 9 under.
Playing well.

Finished leader at -10, 2 under for the day.
Couple of Scandinavians chasing him.

Kepler at 7 under. Knew he’d come good.

Looks like early is the go again.

Stenson finally wins a big one.
Interesting year with Johnson and Stenson both winning majors.
I’m not holding my breath but maybe Sergio who keeps knocking on the door can finally win one by winning the PGA.

Wasn’t unhappy Mickleson lost.

This was similar to the Watson/Nicholas shoot out in the 70’s. Ridiculous that Stenson shoots 8 under and Mickelson 6 under in the last round - Golf at its finest.

Mark Nicholas? Nicholas nickleby?

Day in contention again! Hopefully he can be there down the stretch on Sunday.

Bugger

Bugger

x2…so close. Not bad considering his game is off.

Allenby gone off the deep end

Coming soon

“Allenby enters rehab”
“Allenby becomes born-again Christian”
“Allenby marries cocktail waitress named Brandy he met in rehab”
“Allenby announced PGA tour comeback”
“Allenby fails in PGA tour comeback”
“Allenby’s marriage fails”
“Allenby arrested in Las Vegas after incident with showgirl”
“Allenby enters rehab”
“Allenby says ‘I’m back to full health’ and ready to resume golf career”
“Allenby found dead of drug overdose … aged 50”

Vale Arnold Palmer.

Stood about 20m away from him at this year’s ceremonial tee shots at the US Masters.

He was frail and needed assistance to get about. But me and 10,000 others were all in awe.

Vale Arnold Palmer.

Stood about 20m away from him at this year’s ceremonial tee shots at the US Masters.

He was frail and needed assistance to get about. But me and 10,000 others were all in awe.

You went to the Masters?
So jealous.
Have to get there at some stage.

Arnold Palmer was a legend.

Some great stories told about Arnie over the last days. Sounded like the people’s champion.
RIP.

Rod Pampling delivers this morning with his first win on the US Tour for 10 years. A great clip on the PGA Tour twitter feed of John Senden who hung around congratulating him. 2 year exemption on the Tour for him which is huge. Even though a few Aussies have struggled behind Scott & Day, Baddeley, Ogilvy (who finished 4th…) and now Pampling have all won in the last year giving their careers a boost/or extending their careers. Just brilliant.

It is awesome how the Aussies support each other on the Tour…

Anyone here overly knowledgable in regards to club fittings and impacts of shaft stiffness, launch angle etc?

Brilliant final day set up for tomorrow. Garcia, Spieth, Rose, Scott and a bunch of others all still in it. Should be one for the ages.

2 Likes

Just spent the long weekend down at King Island. Cape Wickham and ocean dunes are incredible. Great courses, best two I’ve played. Highly recommend the visit.

2 Likes

Kevin Kisner on the verge of joining golfing luminaries such as Rich Beem, Shaun Micheel, Keegan Bradley & YE Yang to have won a PGA Championship…