Woosha – final moments or finals moment?

People aren’t happy still. Make it stop.

I think that there are a couple of fringe players that have attracted interest from other clubs but this would be the same at every sporting club in the land. Players on the edge that believe that they should be playing more often. Clearly with the way that we have managed to win games lately, the players and coaches are tight. Our ability to ‘stay in’ games has improved out of sight I reckon.

Robbo’s post above is a beauty as I know he is a strong critic but whatever your view he has done a very good job over that past 6 weeks with the players at his disposal. He may still be moved depending on the finish to the year but credit where it is due. A few injuries inc to key players (Belly and Hurls) mid game and intense speculation on your job security and we’ve won 5 of 6. Big tick.

1 Like

I’m sure almost everyone is very happy.
I know I am.
They might not like a certain thing a player did, or a certain passage of play, or a certain match-up, or…whatever.
There’s no such thing as a perfect performance.

Still…if I’m wrong…
Make it stop?

Now listen here, fellows, please desist in being so despondent.
Plenty of worse things happen at sea, eh?
And I say, you really are giving YT the pip.
Cheerio.

Okay?

4 Likes

The opposite for me. They have given me decades of enjoyment and great memories.

6 Likes

Anyone under 30 would know nothing but torturous misery

1 Like

Big shake up coming regardless of whether Woosha stays or not.

But we had seen the light. They’ve known nothing but darkness.

1 Like

I still don’t think he can coach.

Will win us a flag.

I’ve already said that unless we implode I’m happy to give Woosha another season to see if he/we can get it right.

It was good to have a win. I guessed it was going to be close and it certainly was, we’ll take it but it really could have gone against us, and I wonder if Walla’s individual brilliance saved Woosha from a lot of negative comments on here and more scrutiny from the media.

Surely some would be saying we’d been out coached. Couldn’t stop Brown or Zuhaar, Norf completely shut down Smack and Raz and Laverde, gave up an 18 point lead after the final break, allowed them to lock the ball into their forward 50, got stung on the counter attack all game.

No doubt the media would be singing Shaw’s praises if Norf had held on.

Gotta give our coach and coaches some credit though, Hurley was a big loss, our players were “up” for the game, they got Zac Clarke to hold his own in the ruck, and we nullified Cunnington. Withstanding the Roos onslaught should be commended too I guess, they could have scored 6 in a row instead of 3 if it wasn’t for the fitness, determination and belief of our own players.

Adelaide will be a big test, if we can get over the line there Woosha should earn some serious brownie points.

2 Likes

I agree to a point.

Personally I was still relatively confident we’d win, even in that last minute… purely because of our recent winning experience in tight games.

If I was confident, I imagine the players still had a lot of confidence in winning (clearly they did because they won). Even Tippa said after the game, “I just wanted the ball in my hands so I could kick the winning goal”.

We dominated the game. The only thing that kept North in it, was our bad set shots for goal.

As I’ve said, I’m not convinced our game plan is something that is sustainable for winning a premiership. But we have a lot more talent than North, and were willing to out work them.

1 Like

I was going to write a post but this pretty much covers everything I wanted to express

1 Like

At the start of the year my wish was that at this point of the season

• we were playing good footy
  • more defensive structured footy
  • some of the promising kids come on
  • be in the running for top 4.

I think we’ve achieved all that, we haven’t been perfect along the way. Win that StKilda game and we’d be in the top 4. That loss was unforgivable but at the same time one loss can’t be the difference between assessing a successful and unsuccessful season.

I’m not confidant we will get success this year in terms of finals. Injuries to Heppel, Smith, Hurley, TBC, Raz and Daniher, is too many to key players and has to bite.

But the huge plus of this season is we seem to have taken a step forward in playing good solid football over 4 quarters against all but the best teams. I’m much more confident that foundations are being laid rather than the emotional wins from sling shot football in recent seasons.

6 Likes

This place is worth a laugh. When I’m bored.:smile::smile:

When some posters came in here early and said I don’t like woosha as I think he is weak at A, B and C, and the post was constructive, then blitz is a better place for that critique. Unfortunately much of the critique was based on win-loss alone and a bunch of irrelevant shizen perceived from the outside by people with zero knowledge about coaching elite sporting teams.

But now it is still farkin laughable when we win a few on the trot and the critics tell us that they can see stuff has changed and the coaches are doing things differently. What a load of farkin trollop. Let’s be clear, we’ve never had any idea at all what the coaches are doing same, differently, uniquely, poorly by watching a game of footy once a week.

The only thing we know is we are 9-7 and sometimes we play well and sometimes not so well. We also know that success now is due to the work the players and coaches have been doing for months and years, because success - even short term like 5 out of 6 - is only achieved out of long term effort doing stuff right.

8 Likes

A big positive is the 2s are playing very well, we have several ready to go players that will fit straight in…so hopefully we cover Hurley & co well.

Reckon we give Hepp next 2 off to make sure he is right for a real tilt at it if we get over the Crows, cause if he has stress hot spots in his feet bone…they can easily turn into fractures if not rested.

Yes, you are a joke.

We were 20 seconds away from a goalless final quarter and loss to a mediocre North side. For a large part of the final quarter we looked like headless chooks with zero structure and were contest with just bombing it forward. For parts of the second and third quarter we played some brilliant football and actually spotted up forwards and played to a system. I’d love to find the on/off switch for these guys because it seems like when we panic we revert to our old self

3 Likes

I was pretty confident too, I’m just wary of “the wins papering over the cracks”, etc.

I agree our game plan isn’t likely to stand up against the better teams (H&A or finals).

Mediocre, maybe, but precocious and with a head full of steam.
I think we did well to weather the storm and come back so quickly.

I agree with what you say, again, about our delivery to the forward line and (as I’m sure many have mentioned) our repeated, identical, bombs to the same place out of our backline in the last quarter.
But when something happens that often, that consistently, can you really write it off as dumb footballers panicking?